Sign in to follow this  

i installed the the weapons pack in WOE now AIM-7 model doesn't appears on the aircraft.

1.check you are using the right version of the editor

2.If so Use it to open up the weapondata.ini in "weapons" and see if the AIM-7s are there

i had the same problem. i have fixed it by re-installing the entire game, patching it up to the latest and then installing weps pack.

The cause of the problem whas: i had installed 2 weps packs.

i had the same problem. i have fixed it by re-installing the entire game, patching it up to the latest and then installing weps pack.

The cause of the problem whas: i had installed 2 weps packs.

1) CHECK INI, LOD, LOD-001, & LOD 002 dates for every AIM-7's weapons: they must have identical dates.

2) try use this http://rapidshare.com/files/142107772/aim-7.rar.html must be correct... i hope.

3) Do not use 2008 year weapons editor for WOE, Only 2006 year editor.

Edited by lindr2

He mentioned the model not appearing. Check whether the weapons model is in your folders or not, then try substituting it with ANOTHER model (for example, AIM-7E with AIM7E or vice-versa).

Edited by kct

Can you load the weapon?

And, can you fire the weapon and it works...just nothing appears except the contrail?

FastCargo

That is caused by a model conflict, it seems.

Then you need to look VERY closely at the weapondata.ini entry for the particular sparrow you are trying to load.

As an example:

[WeaponData682]

TypeName=AIM-7A

FullName=AIM-7A Sparrow

ModelName=AIM7E

etc, etc, etc...

Note the entry in bold.

You MUST find a cooresponding file in the Objects/Weapons directory...either of these two (for this example):

AIM7E.INI or AIM7E.LOD

If you find a cooresponding .LOD file but do NOT find a coorsponding .ini file, then there is another problem.

On the other hand, if you find a .ini file, then you need to go into that .ini file and read the following (again, for this example):

[LOD001]

Filename=AIM-7E.lod

Distance=200

[LOD002]

Filename=AIM-7E-001.lod

Distance=800

[LOD003]

Filename=AIM-7E-002.lod

Distance=1500

Those LOD files must be in either one of two places...in the Objects/Weapons directory or in the Objectdata.cat file located in the Objects directory. If the LODs named in either the Weapondata.ini or specific weapon .ini file is NOT in the Objects/Weapons directory or in the Objectdata.cat file, that is your problem right there.

FastCargo

The simplest way is to rename the ModelName= parameter to a AIM-7 model (a .LOD file) that you know you have already.

FastCargo