Sign in to follow this  
Rambler 1-1

What the heck is this?

After getting the bajeebers blown out of me by a MiG-21PFM, my starfighter crashed near... this thing. I can't remember what area it was in, but I've done a lot of "ctrl+F12ing" and I've never seen this before.

post-28461-1220574181_thumb.jpg

It's called "Temple" in the types ini.

Well know ancient ruins, left over from before the time when the ocean drank Atlantis....

sorry, couldn't resist the Robert E. Howard references...

Now, I'm off to trample the jewel encrusted thrones of the West beneath my sandeled feet...

btw, which map? It first appeared in the SF Desert map.....

Wrench

aka:

Kevnan The Barbarian

ps: if you fly over the WoI Israel2 upgrade I released, you'll find Hamanapthra; and in the Libya Upgrade, they're also all over the place.

Does It show up as a target when you hit the E key? If it does and it's a nuisence a couple of

M-117, MK-83, or even a stick of MK-82 Snakeyes will work.

:ph34r: CL

Edited by charlielima

It'll never show up as a target, as it has no value (ie: TargetValue=0, although I'm sure archeolologists might find it interesting!). Like the mosque, with have a negitive target value; you loose points if you blow them up.

Here's some others, seen on other maps:

Carthage:

tunis_ruins.jpg

I can't find the picture of Hamanaptra....but there's a mission in the WoI Isreal2 upgrade that'll put you right over it.

Wrench

kevin stein

well, I found it again. This one was near "Qaitbay" on the original SFP1 fictional desert map, but I found a couple more in the mounitans and just to the west of most cities or oil drills. If I was in something with bombs then I would have blown it up, but I was just in a tomcat.

I used to practice bombing on mosques and other random buildings in the cities, I didn't realise that it gave you a negative score! Or maybe I'm just a north american capitalist pig-dog who enjoys destroying holy places.