Sign in to follow this  
Jinji-chan

awards for the red air force

Hello again everyone i'm on a Red Air force kick

and getting it to work for WOE is hard

is there a way to add medals and awards to

Soviet Pilots or any red pilots for that matter.

ok inside it do i have to change the directory

because when i looked in side the files it said Stratgyfirst and strike fighters.

do i have to change it to WOE?

I tried that once - but it is a LOT of manual changing (in many different files...)!

The simple (but not really elegant) way is:

Create the directory "Program Files\Strategy First\Strike Fighters\Flight" on drive "C" and extract the contents of the "Flight" folder in the zip(-file) into that folder. Extract it in WOE's "Flight" folder, too and the content of the "Menu" folder into WOE's "Menu" folder.

I know, it is a little bit complicated, but the Medals*.ini files are using absolute directories (something a developer never should do...)!

Edited by Shaolin

I would be very cautious and consious of installing this into WOE. I suggest you know exactly what is being changed in the 'flight' and 'menu' folders before attempting to install this, and make sure you back up any folders affected by this mod before attempting to install it.

Personally, I was unaware of this mod and have been wanting to make Soviet and Chineese awards for a couple of campaigns I've been working on so this will save much time and research. Thanks for the link Shaolin!! :good:

i got it to work

and its very cool. finally my red pilots are getting awards for downing some

pesky F-15s,f-14s and f-22s :good:

hehehehehehehehe