Sign in to follow this  
malibu43

Weird Issue with Harrier GR3 CAS loadout...

I'm not sure how long this has been an issue since I don't fly this jet that often. I'm running WOE patched up with Bunyaps weps pack installed. I've applied the weps pack fixes from the knowledge base.

If I choose a CAS single mission for the Harrier GR3 or Harrier GR1, I get an empty loadout everytime. All the weps from the loadout.ini are available and I'm able to load them manually, but if I don't do that I get an empty jet (along with my wingmen). The really strange part is that SEAD has the exact same loadout, and that shows up fine on it's own.

But wait, there's more! If I choose a campaign, and the first mission is CAS, I get the same issue (weps are there, but they aren't loaded automatically). However, the next CAS mission, the loadout will be there. Weird, huh? Go back to a single mission and choose CAS, no loadout again.

Here's my loadout.ini, although I can't see anything wrong with it:

// Station

[Attack]

Loadout[01].WeaponType=SNEB Rocket Pod

Loadout[01].Quantity=1

Loadout[02].WeaponType=SNEB Rocket Pod

Loadout[02].Quantity=1

Loadout[03].WeaponType=Mk1_540_LD

Loadout[03].Quantity=1

Loadout[04].WeaponType=Mk1_540_LD

Loadout[04].Quantity=1

Loadout[01].WeaponType=Mk1_540_LD

Loadout[01].Quantity=1

Loadout[02].WeaponType=Mk1_540_LD

Loadout[02].Quantity=1

Loadout[03].Quantity=1

Loadout[04].Quantity=1

[sEAD]

Loadout[01].WeaponType=SNEB Rocket Pod

Loadout[01].Quantity=1

Loadout[02].WeaponType=SNEB Rocket Pod

Loadout[02].Quantity=1

Loadout[03].Quantity=1

Loadout[04].Quantity=1

[Anti-Ship]

Loadout[01].WeaponType=Mk1_540_LD

Loadout[01].Quantity=1

Loadout[02].WeaponType=Mk1_540_LD

Loadout[02].Quantity=1

Any suggestions?

Thanks!

what "wep pack fixes" did you apply ?

Well, I was referring to the fixes in the knowledge base. However, in the case of the GR3, there aren't any fixes listed there. To be more specific, I guess I should say that I'm using the data.ini and loadout.ini that come with the weps pack installer.

The game has since been updated after the release of the weapons pack, so installing the weapons pack AFTER updating the game might have messed around with some of the planes a bit. Try extracting the related .ini files from the ObjectData.ini, and compare the .inis with those in the folders of the Harriers. This was somewhat similar to a problem someone had with his default WoE F-15A after installing the weapons pack (in which his weapons float).

Edited by kct

The game has since been updated after the release of the weapons pack, so installing the weapons pack AFTER updating the game might have messed around with some of the planes a bit. Try extracting the related .ini files from the ObjectData.ini, and compare the .inis with those in the folders of the Harriers. This was somewhat similar to a problem someone had with his default WoE F-15A after installing the weapons pack (in which his weapons float).

That was a good point. I took a look at the default loadout.ini and added these these to the loadout.ini in the folder:

[AirToAir]

Loadout[01].WeaponType=AIM-9L

Loadout[01].Quantity=1

Loadout[02].WeaponType=AIM-9L

Loadout[02].Quantity=1

[AirToAirLongRange]

Loadout[01].WeaponType=AIM-9L

Loadout[01].Quantity=1

Loadout[02].WeaponType=AIM-9L

Loadout[02].Quantity=1

Loadout[03].WeaponType=Tank100_Hunter

Loadout[03].Quantity=1

Loadout[04].WeaponType=Tank100_Hunter

Loadout[04].Quantity=1

It worked. No idea why, but it did. All the loadouts seem to show up fine now...?

Thanks for your help!