Sign in to follow this  
snakeman

Sea Vixen troubles

Hi just downloaded the excellent Sea Vixen....having a spot of bother on take off keep ripping off the main gear anyone got any tips or hints....thanks

I have seen this too, not sure with Vixen, possibly.

If the gear rip off just after liftoff, go into data file and up the gear allowed airspeed.

If the gear rip off just after liftoff, go into data file and up the gear allowed airspeed.

I can't remember exactly but I think the gear limiting speed is correct but you have to use full flap on take-off rather than take-off flap. This is at least partially correct as for a carrier launch the Vixen used full flap, and I did all the testing off a carrier. Although it should be possible to take off from land with take-off flap and not rip the gear off, you have to be quick though as in real life. I'll have a check in game and get back to you. Possibly when I'm more sober.

hmm

that happens with FM = hard ?

try FM= Normal and see if it goes away

that would mean that some of the collision points are in a wrong position and the kite collides withthe ground on rotation

normal FM skips that somewhat..