Sign in to follow this  
Lexx_Luthor

Instructions for B-36 stargetic cockpit

I finally punched out some simple instructions for flying inside A-Team's B-36 external model crew compartment.

Page 44, scroll down some ~> http://bbs.thirdwire.com/phpBB/viewtopic.p...0&start=344

Works the same for all 3 of the B-36 subyptes releaced. Surprisingly for its size, this is an easy one to setup. The crew is already well placed with stargetically correct SeatID numbers, and the crew seats are already part of the B-36 model. No changes in crew area skin absolutely need be made, and the hazy canopy "glass" is not visible from the inside, etc... so nearly everything is a pinch here.

It's simple to understand. And completely credible, and convincing.

...provided I didn't "forget" anything again.

* thumps *

If anybody tries this, I'd love to see some screenshots to see if it works in the wild.

It's really awesome Lexx!!!!I'use it in my all Peacemakers installs B,D,J and H early and late.

H early

H late

Note that stock J version provides the 7th BW skin.

H version in question use the same livery,my mods are located in the nose:

-Sac badge,starry bar and 7th BW badge are painted directly.

-7th BW badge now has correct colour and motto "Mors ab alto"

-stars on blue bar are in the correct position (useful photos and drawings permit me to allow them correct)

-antiglare panel now has the correct "looking down" shape and wrap front turret too (on many photos of the real plane)

-Loadout centered for carryng normal peacemaker payload,Mk 6 on front bay and Mk 17 on the back one.

Lexx pit

Pilot and Crews wear the yellow 7th BW baseball cap

looking left

I decide to work on some skins!

My old wing..."Death From Above".

Of course, my bomber was considerably faster...

FastCargo

Awsim stuff there.

The crew compartment has 3D seats as part of the model. The skin for these seats is in the "-c" skin. The seat skins can be tweaked to desire.

If you set cockpit view angles to +- 180 degrees, you can see the forward top turrets behind you turning round and round. You should be able to see MiG-15s closing from above and behind, and see the gun turrets blasting away at them. I have not tested this in combat so...maybe...

If I recall, in this sim, fighters attacking bombers come from behind the tail so they may not be visible. But if they are above, or you pull up and look behind, it may be possible to see the gun battle behind you. I dunno.

Thanks, I got it now. I just need to get the crew member over my shoulder to face the rear like his seat!!

Very good! I´m using this new technic a lot, mainly with the new patch. Lexx Luthor, some planes like the F3D Skynight doesn´t have the inside cockpit frames, so it´s impossible to jump into it. Do you know how to fix this? :biggrin:

Wilch::

...some planes like the F3D Skynight doesn´t have the inside cockpit frames, so it´s impossible to jump into it. Do you know how to fix this? :biggrin:

Directly, no. This happens. The A-Team's Valiant, Thudwire Su-7, ArmourDave's Su-17, and Tomcat74's/Wpnssgt's MiG-25, are examples that share the same one-sided canopy frames. However, there are several possibilities for F3D....

(1) Use the full Thudwire A-6 cockpit, like a normal simmer would, which works pretty good actually. Other full cockpits might be used. S-3 Viking, or A-26 for examples.

(2) Super Stargetic Cockpit marchmellow.gif, here~> http://bbs.thirdwire.com/phpBB/viewtopic.p...a&start=304

But this has limitations caused by seeing the "pilot" aircraft wings and structure from the cockpit. This worked on the Valiant because, as a V bomber, there was no rear view anyways. :biggrin:

(3) Best fix would be...if you read that page and the next, capun went back and changed the Valiant model for me, with some spectacular results. Contact the A-Team.

I bring up the F3D issue on page 12 ~> http://bbs.thirdwire.com/phpBB/viewtopic.p...=a&start=88

...with Thudwire A-6 cockpit...

F3D.jpg

It's really awesome Lexx!!!!I'use it in my all Peacemakers installs B,D,J and H early and late.

H early

H late

Note that stock J version provides the 7th BW skin.

H version in question use the same livery,my mods are located in the nose:

-Sac badge,starry bar and 7th BW badge are painted directly.

-7th BW badge now has correct colour and motto "Mors ab alto"

-stars on blue bar are in the correct position (useful photos and drawings permit me to allow them correct)

-antiglare panel now has the correct "looking down" shape and wrap front turret too (on many photos of the real plane)

-Loadout centered for carryng normal peacemaker payload,Mk 6 on front bay and Mk 17 on the back one.

Lexx pit

Pilot and Crews wear the yellow 7th BW baseball cap

looking left

Hello,

I down loaded the B-36 a little while back (about a month ago) and it did not have this wonderful cockpit. Can you tell me where I can get this as well as the A-3 pit that I saw on the thirdwire forum site?

Thanks!

Skel

Something new: F-107A stargetically enhanced (or retarded, sometimes I wonder). I use the F-8D panels from Mirage Factory but with light grey background. The round panel shape gives the rough idea found at http://uscockpits.com/. I'll assume USAF "favours" F-105 but with all the ongoing strikes on USSR, there is a need for an RF-101A replacement. So I made the F-8D radar into RWR display, and use four 335gal F-100 tanks. I figure nose cameras, delete guns (and gunsight), replace with cameras or maybe MORE fuel. The idea has a "real" ring: The top fuselage intake was to help drop nuc bombs, and the plane ends up being heavily used purely as recon. Sounds like the way things happen. I wonder how F-107 would be like with original intake underneath, similar to the later, and smaller, MiG Ye-8.

Direct inspiration for using F-107 like this is RF-100A ~> http://www.spyflight.co.uk/f100.htm

Only six made, but very well used indeed.

F-107A--1.jpg

I use ravenclaw's Martin Baker seat.

F-107A--2.jpg

I retreated with tail between LeGGs back to SF Patch 2006, so I had to change over the canopy animation to the old method. Here the canopy is open on the ground.

F-107A--3.jpg

Edited by Lexx_Luthor

RF-107A (?) with four underwing drop tanks along with the under belly conformal tank.

If anybody is reading this and knows: In the weapon pacs, do drop tank masses include the fuel mass, while the fuel's mass is used also?

gallery_6973_124_8519.jpg

Yes, you'll see 2 different lines in the weapondata.ini:

Mass=655.450012

and

MaxFuelAmount=574.710022

The difference is the empty weight of the tank. And from what I can tell, I think there is a difference between a full and empty one on the performance of the aircraft.

FC