Sign in to follow this  
flying_squirrel

work in progress

work continues. currently it is us programmers who are behind and need to catch up.

although quiet, we continue in the background completing the seemingly endless little things that need to be done. At the moment we work on the AI.

formationflight.jpg in this sucessful test, we got aircraft to fly in formations, two offset to a leader which itself is flying down a scripted path.

that shot was a couple of weeks old, the leader was then not able to fly accurately down the path - it would fly parallel but off centre by about 200 meters. pretty close in navigational terms, but not good enough if the same system is to be reused to guild a plane down onto a landing strip!

happily now the AI can do this. so the next step is to do just that - make our planes land on a landing strip/carrier.

this is a fun part of the project. from working on the AI, gameplay emerges.

Edited by flying_squirrel

Very smooth!

getting it to land on aircraft carrier at the moment its a bit, top gunish, where the guy has lost it and is rolling from side to side a bit. but it lands - though last time i tried it the plane smashed into to the tower.

got some inner stuff working now. game play related AI stuff, ways to move from one AI type to another - this is needed to build missions.

Man everytime I check this forum I stay speechless :)

You're not speechless at all buddy, because youve just said something in the first place, lol. Anyway, If i am going to be speechless-- :dntknw: this is how it is.