Here i got two questions for you:

1) If i load the A-10 with laser guided bombs, is not supposed to have a mounted laser designator, below the cockpit, if so, how do i use it???

just if it is posible..........

2) Now i also have the F-111 package and the cockpit for all those planes, the instructions say that to use the pave tack on the F-111 i should use

ctrl+o, which is the command to open the bomb bay, maybe i'm confused, but normally, when i select a LGB, if i have a laser designator, the laser

designator screen pops up, but not in this case, or i'm missing something................... but anyways i was able to bomb my target (i don't know what

i did but i did it), so please tell me if it's possible to get that LGB screen.

That thing below the cockpit is not a laser designator, its a pave penny pod.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pave_Penny

The F-111 was made before the use of the laser designator screen. So you will have to update it yourself to take make it work.

The F-111 was made before the use of the laser designator screen. So you will have to update it yourself to take make it work.

Sorry but i'm new on this......

Do you have any ideas???

The f-111 pit for download has a TV screen that works in the radar screen; you don't have to update the avionics.

Flogger23: Look here for fixes for the F-111's. http://forum.combatace.com/index.php?showtopic=18346 I think you might have to correct some data.ini stuff to get the pavetack to work.

The f-111 pit for download has a TV screen that works in the radar screen; you don't have to update the avionics.

Flogger23: Look here for fixes for the F-111's. http://forum.combatace.com/index.php?showtopic=18346 I think you might have to correct some data.ini stuff to get the pavetack to work.

ok tried it yesterday, and it worked fine, but, what is annoying me is the fact that i can't see the LGB screen that i'm used to see in, let's say the F-15E, is thaere a way to fix it, or should i live with it like that?????

sorry for my dumbness icon2.gif

ok tried it yesterday, and it worked fine, but, what is annoying me is the fact that i can't see the LGB screen that i'm used to see in, let's say the F-15E, is thaere a way to fix it, or should i live with it like that?????

sorry for my dumbness icon2.gif

You mean like an MFD kind of display? I don't think there's an easy way to do that... You'd have to modify the cockpit and do all sorts of things I'm not familiar with.

Did F-111F's have MFD's in real life? I don't know where/if they actually were able to view what the laser designator was looking at. Maybe some of the resident experts will chime in...

F-111C's do have MFD's however these are not for use with the Pace Tack. Pave Tack is viewed through the Navigator's display. The display is covered by a hood (which is modelled) so it cannot be seen by the pilot.

I am trying to figure this out, and I've been told by Erik and co to get my hands dirty. Well guys heres proof that Im getting my hands dirty! hahaha But this thread isnt telling me how do get the LGBs to work on my F16C BLK40.

I dont get why they cant just give us the link that explains how to do it!

Frustrating.

Okay, glenn, stop.

Stop spamming all the threads about the laser designator.

I want you to learn how real F-16s drop LGBs using pods.

Go and research that online, and that should clue you in on how to load your F-16.

FC

Whoosaa.... I have spent hours reading through all these threads and I have tried adding txt into the aircraft ini folders. And I cant get a laser pod on this F16.

I researched how they use their pods and I found that the block 30 use the Litening targeting pod and the block 40 uses Lantirn.

So can you please tell me now how to add it to my aircraft because I still have no idea how to do it.

Thanks

1000 Apologies.

I downloaded the turk blk30 and it has the lantirn so Im going to have a go with that : )

Just off topic a tad, whats the 'E' key for or Shift E its used for targeting some land based targets, but I cant find the designation in preferences.

I might try and get this pod to work with the blk 40.

I am trying to figure this out, and I've been told by Erik and co to get my hands dirty. Well guys heres proof that Im getting my hands dirty! hahaha But this thread isnt telling me how do get the LGBs to work on my F16C BLK40.

I dont get why they cant just give us the link that explains how to do it!

Frustrating.

Maybe I misunderstood you here, but by "get your hands dirty" we didn't mean keep posting in multiple threads until someone does the work for you.

What we meant was dig into some .ini files to try to figure it out for yourself.  When you run into issues, people will be more than happy to help you if you post exactly what you're trying to do, what changes you made (actually post the modified lines in the post using quote tags so we can see), and what result you got.  Folks will be more than happy to help you find the other changes/corrections that need to be made.

Also, just so you understand, there is no secret "link that explains how to do it" that we are hiding from you.  There is no link that specifically tells you how to add a laser pod from whatever weapons pack you have to whatever F-16 you've downloaded.  For me to give you step by step instructions, I'd have to download all the pieces, experiment and try it myself, and then write step by step instructions for what I did.  I don't really have time to do that right now, and even if I did I don't have the gen1 games installed anymore, so I couldn't.

When people tell you the information you're looking for is out there, they mean it's burried in bits and pieces in the knowledge base and posts throughout the forums.

Whoosaa.... I have spent hours reading through all these threads and I have tried adding txt into the aircraft ini folders. And I cant get a laser pod on this F16.

I researched how they use their pods and I found that the block 30 use the Litening targeting pod and the block 40 uses Lantirn.

So can you please tell me now how to add it to my aircraft because I still have no idea how to do it.

Thanks

So, along the lines of my previous post. Why don't you tell us specifically what you tried and what the result was.  Then maybe we can help you.

Edited by malibu43

As Fast Cargo said, stop spamming multiple threads.  Especially when they're threads that haven't been active in 6 years.  It makes it hard for people who are actually trying to help you follow your progress.

I got this far before I got lost. I know where to put SystemName[xxx]=LaserDesignator, but where do I put all the rest.

By the way this is for an F16C BLK40

Thanks

Craig,

Sure, it's just an ini edit. You can make one on any aircraft. Just add this in the [Fuselage] or anywhere you want:

SystemName[xxx]=LaserDesignator

Then (as an example) put this in:

[LASERDESIGNATOR]
SystemType=LASER_DESIGNATOR
CameraFOV=2.500000
CameraPosition=0.000000,9.500000,-0.650000
CameraYaw=0.000000
CameraPitch=0.000000
CameraRoll=0.000000
PaveTackNarrow.tga
EODisplayFlags=268501249
SeekerRange=27.000000
SeekerGimbleLimit=120.000000
SearchTexture=PaveTackNarrow.tga
SightTexture=avq23sight1.tga

That's it...pretty much works like a charm.

FastCargo 

1.  Where exactly did you post "SystemName[xxx]=LaserDesignator" and what numbers did you use for "XXX"?

2.  Regarding your question of where to post the rest, I believe it can be posted anywhere.  Just add it to the very bottom.

Ok I get it, Ive calmed down now. Hahaha

I dont know if you saw, but I download the F16C Blk 30 TuAF and that has the designator and it works. However, it slows my prehistoric laptop down. And its Turk : (

So now Im trying to sus out how to put only the LD onto my F16C blk40, which now shows up in on the aircraft in game now but doesnt have a display screen and doesnt do anything I know of.

With the ini mod, I copied and pasted it in the aircraft data ini with the systemnameXXX in numerical order. Then I put the rest after the centerlineply after feultankname.

I dont know if I put that in the right place. And I dont see how that would work without doing something somewhere else.

Cheers

Ok I get it, Ive calmed down now. Hahaha

I dont know if you saw, but I download the F16C Blk 30 TuAF and that has the designator and it works. However, it slows my prehistoric laptop down. And its Turk : (

So now Im trying to sus out how to put only the LD onto my F16C blk40, which now shows up in on the aircraft in game now but doesnt have a display screen and doesnt do anything I know of.

With the ini mod, I copied and pasted it in the aircraft data ini with the systemnameXXX in numerical order. Then I put the rest after the centerlineply after feultankname.

I dont know if I put that in the right place. And I dont see how that would work without doing something somewhere else.

Cheers

Can you drop laser guided bombs are tanks in a CAS mission?  If you can, the designator is working and it's just getting the image to show on the display.

Compare the avionics.ini files for both F-16s and look for something regarding "TV" or "EO Display" listed under Radar Modes that might be missing from your Blk40.

Oh its working now, I dont know how but its working. Yay! : )

Only now I dont have the A120 AMRAAM, now Ive only got the lowly sparrows available. ? Hahaha

So Ive been playing around with these Mavricks for a while now and I cant get them to hit the target. I have read through all the info, including both of Eriks guided weapons pdfs.

I think I cant lock on because when I press 'E' nothing happens. And when I look for 'E' in the keyboard mapper theres nothing.

What there is, is

Next visual ground target Joystick button 2

Previous visual ground target Shift E

Closest visual ground target. Ctrl E

So is 'Ctrl E' locking onto the target the same as the tutorials say use 'E' or am I missing something.

If Ctrl E is locking onto target I have no idea why my Mavs are hitting.

Thanks

Not Mavs! Paveways, sorry

For whatever reason (whether you did it or the game did it automatically), the action that is the 'E' key by default is assigned to your Joystick Button 2.  So that button should cycle through your ground targets.  All the other 'E' related key combinations are just different ways of cycling through the same targets (previous target, closest target).  You can use any one of those to lock up a ground target.  The little red box on your screen will show you which ground target you actually have locked up.

As far as actually hitting targets with LGB's, it's tricky in this game since the game lacks some of the other avionics/indicators that help real life pilots drop within the correct parameters.  The F-16 in real life would have additional symbology on the HUD that would tell you where to steer and when to release to get the highest chance of a hit.  Since we don't have that, you'll just have to practice.

I would suggest starting pretty high up (8K-10K feet...?) and about 10+ miles out from the target*.  Fly a nice steady approach and pickle off the bomb when you think you're about where a regular dumb bomb would score a hit.  Take note of whether the bomb falls short or long, and then go back and try it again, adjusting the distance from the target you pickle based on whether the previous bomb was long or short.

*If Erik's pdfs or someone with more recent experience suggests a different altitude and distance from target to pickle the bombs, start with those numbers.  I'm just making mine up as I type.