Sign in to follow this  
tacoscent

Airplane problems and weapons..

Well, as some of you may know I play wings over israel. I downloaded the B52D and B52 (cant remember), but i was a fairly large pack, 22 mb. So anyways I install it and make sure I put everything in the correct spot. But I cant see the plane..... When I start near target or in air. I wont even be moving. Ill have the bombs on the wings. But all you can see is the bombs. I;ll be in the sky at 9000 meters above ground, not moving. Were they for wings over europe or vietnam only and do not work for WOI?

Also I installed the bunyap weapon pack. And the mirage weapon pack 2 for WOI i believe. Everything installed properly, it all works. At least I think. I was excited to see the nukes and what new capabilities they would provide. But not a single plane seems to be capable of useing them. Not even the downloaded ones. I might add that the B52s are supposed to be able to carry them as well, but the nuclear weapons are not on the available weapon list. What must I do to make them available for all my planes. Also I might add in the tutorials, it says in the planes available weapons to put NUC beside the others and that should make it work. Now on this install I have not tried, but it did nothing on the last one. Even with the tutorials this game is very confusing and still tough to get everything to work properly.

Also, i dled the 30 megaton bombs from some of the available weapon downloads, THOSE seem to be mountable on my F/A 37 Talon, but they do not even show up as real bombs, and I cannot drop them. And I think once I did get them to drop, but nothing happened and they still do not show up there is nothing on the wings.

The editor I use is the stock editer. Ive used the dled one from the site in the past and it looks and functions the exact same. My version of WOI to my knowledge as I just installed it again recently, is not patched.

Any help from you gurus who know so much about the game would be greatly appreciated. Thanks guys. If you need anything more specific just ask and I will do my best to give you an answer so that you may help me better! Ciao!

Well, as some of you may know I play wings over israel. I downloaded the B52D and B52 (cant remember), but i was a fairly large pack, 22 mb. So anyways I install it and make sure I put everything in the correct spot. But I cant see the plane..... When I start near target or in air. I wont even be moving. Ill have the bombs on the wings. But all you can see is the bombs. I;ll be in the sky at 9000 meters above ground, not moving. Were they for wings over europe or vietnam only and do not work for WOI?

IIRC that B-52D pack required the stock B-52 LODs that came with WOV. They should be inside the WOE objectdata.cata as well, but unless you have either one you won't be able to use it in WOI.

Even with the tutorials this game is very confusing and still tough to get everything to work properly.

It seems most downloads currently available are compatible with WOE, WOV or SFP1 V08.30.06 (without the sept 2008 patch that is), and preferably WOE.

Using any later version of the game, like WOI, you have to be careful with mods. Either they say WOI/sept patch compatible. or you have to know exactly what you are doing, or you have to read in the forums how to adjust the mods.