Hi all, I would like to start little project named F-15T TACTICAL. Basic concept and draft is already done. Since Ace Combat thread is gone, some details concerning TAC are gone too but at least I got sketches.

NOTE: This is NOT realistic plane so dont bother me how this monster would fly, or that its ovepowered.

Brief description:

Anyway, F-15T TACTICAL is experimental multitask plane designed for long range missions where it can provide necessary support and remain in combat area for prolonged amount of time. To be able to do that custom version of F-15E Strike Eagle underwent numerous changes. F-15T has been made able to equip TACTICAL Packs; similar to Panavia Tornado BDSP but giving pilot possibility to use any armament that was managed to be stuffed inside, be it AMRAAM's, GBU, JADAM, BDSP, FAEB etc. While TAC Packs limits F-15T they offer enormous firepower combined with additional pylons F-15T is capable to literary rain death upon the enemy. Of course if missions demands it TACK Packs can be detached changing F-15T into dangerous fighter. Still its just prototype so there are problems, biggest is inability to drop TAC Packs during flight since OS freezes and needs to be rebooted with takes time. Thats pilots are instructed to RTB to detach TAC Packs.

As for technical: TACTICAL is basically remade F-15E but bigger and with additional pylons (and second model minus TAC Packs). There would be 3 versions of F-15T

1) F-15T "Type R" first prototype with lots of bugs (lacks afterburner, slower etc)

2) F-15T "Type L" (same model as "Type R" only different colors) second prototype most of bugs were eliminated

3) F-15T "Type S" codenamed "Gespenst" (practically same model as previous ones but with "tailpipe") much better than two previous prototypes also carrier capable without TACK Pack and equipped with ARCS (Active Radar Camouflage System ie. stealth)

Please help since I have no idea about modeling but fell free to ask questions.

post-35457-1224168940_thumb.png

post-35457-1224169003_thumb.png

Edited by taro8

This looks interesting, something like my F-111X but cause of the shape and the landing gear you have to redo the whole modell or recreated a new one by yourself. Mayby you can find the creator of the old modell and ask for permission to mod this bird!

Thanks this plane is my idea but it was "coengineered" with Schizo, i908070 and few other peoples. Its like Kestrel, not real just for fun and all F-15 lovers. I have no idea about modeling (except most basic stuff) but I do know that I would need good blueprints from top, front and side. If anyone would like to help please dont be shy. I will help in anyway I can, also F-15T is till in planing stage, some details such as landing gear (with was REAL bitch since start) can still be easily changed. If not model then at least blueprints so I could try to do something. I totally suck at drawing so please help.

If I will have time I'll can help you too.

"Polak polakowi pomoże"...

Edited by Signum

Tylko że najczęściej chce w zamian kasy :biggrin:

Thanks Signum, I really appreciate that. If you know some people that could help with this little project could you contact them?

:haha:

"Np. oligarchowie, ale nie ja"

Of course I know many modders who can help in this project.

Edited by Signum

Woohoo thats great.

Now I would like everyone that have ideas for TACTICAL landing gear please share with me (landing gear is STILL total bitch). Ask questions, I dont remember all stuff about TAC but if you ask Ill recall what needed. Man why Ace Combat thread is gone.

Make sure the gear is carrier capable for landing with a full load, so you will be able to putdown anywhere from sod strips to carriers.

And thats the hard part. we cant use similar gear as in Tornado. Also "Gespenst" will be only carrier capable only without TAC Pack.

I went through few ideas with Schizo, he came up with idea of gear being inside wings but I think it would be at sides and would at angle. I know that normally it wouldnt work but we can let it slide, can we? :wink:

TAC Pack isnt properly scaled also its moved to front.

EDIT: Now I see that gear must longer and moved to the back.

EDIT 2: OK next try, its just to give you idea

post-35457-1224358999_thumb.png

Edited by taro8

Mount the tac pack down the centerline, like on tornados. It will open up space on the nacelles for gear.

There is no point, if you put them close enough (and even that cant be done, there still wont be enough place) there will be no place for forward gear (look at my firs post, TAC Pack top view).

BTW: Can someone make front and side view (basing it on F-15E) using this as reference (and clean it up)?

post-35457-1224361034_thumb.png

Edited by taro8

Hello, Luke! I see you started a thread about the Tactical in my stead? Well, I'm glad to see that... I need modelling experience. If I had any, I could help...

We could change the pack into one unit so it can be mounted in centerline. If we drop the wings a bit the gear could be stored in the wings

Yo everyone long time no see. Sorry for my sudden disappearance but I unfortunately had pretty serious hardware problem (mechanical damage to my hard disk) and was unable to use my PC for quite a time.

Mynameizme - I would be glad if you would help me, unfortunately were STILL unable to work out landing gear issue (is this most complicated part of plane or something?) but Signum previous signature (the one with Mig-29) gave idea; something like "gear holders" its an idea but pretty good one and we can still discuss it.

post-35457-1228335934_thumb.png

As for modeling. I know that blueprints are needed but resizing normal F-15 causes huge loss of quality but my IT professor gave me advice to use SVG (Scalable Vector Graphics). It is used in html because graphic is scaled without lose of quality. Now the question is: does ours "blueprints" in png can put in SVG?.

One request to people that create models for WoE: Does size matters ( :biggrin:) in blueprints used in 3d modeling programs? If it does, could you give me some basic ones so I would now what size is needed.

I tried modeling I HAD 3D max but I lacked necessary materials (and skills), but maybe together with Mynameizme we could do something worth looking at.

BTW: First prototype "Type R" will be named "Lucky Lady" (mk. II since first one crushed) its only cosmetic change but I really want it

Edited by taro8

looked at the pic and thats a great idea! wish i could help but i still want to get raptor skin done(i also dont have access to any modeling software at the moment). good luck!

You don`t neet any materials for modelling in max, just some skills and experiance, but I think you will never end learning stuff int this business!

Thats why I would like to pick up some experience (I was messing around in 3d max for some time). Still any reference material would be really helpful.

But I would like to entrust modeling to someone who knows how. Do you know anybody who would be willing to participate in this project?

Thanks i90, I got it after seeing Signum signature. Once again best solution is an easy one. The "gear holders" are ideal since there still be side mounted hardpoints also gear can be moved almost all the way to the back with makes landing possible.

BTW: i90 would you like to create skin for this planes (of course after youre done with yours).

On side note: My devious mind cooked up another monster: AC-5 "Wrath". A ground attack C-5 Galaxy geared up like AC-130 "Specter", man it would be like freaking flying battleship.

Edited by taro8

I tried something similar to that, think largest aircraft carrier multiplied by largest destroyer (hopefully thats the correct terminology) but it wouldnt work in Gmax cause my system kept crashing from the high poly count...

To Taro: Ill try skinning it but I havent tried skinning from scratch just heavy modification to existing ones. Ill try it though :ok:

That C-5 Idea sounds crazy if not a bit familiar but the more mods the better, oh this x-mas if I have some free time im not too good, but I can get a basic model done :rofl:

Are you saying that you could do some basic 3D model for F-15? If it is so thats wonderful, even basic one will be huge breakthrough. As for skins: all variants of tactical wont have to many stuff, Type L wont have any personal touch at all while "Lucky Lady" will be most complicated (Gespenst will only have something like this:post-35457-1228478548_thumb.gif as marking). Im not thinking about doing skins from scratch but to transform existing ones, it will be mostly colors and simple markings (with little exception of "Lucky Lady").

As for AC-5: I just woke up with though "Man what if they equipped C-5 like AC-130. That would be awesome!"its just a though but I wanted to share with you.

Dude, SDF-1.

Hmm... The problem with the F-15 is that the nose gear would be too long for the gear bay. We're so focused on the Main gear, we've forgotten the nose gear. This is my plan of action: Move the nose gear up, lengthen the bay towards the rear, freeing up room for them. I don't think there's too many important components mounted below the nose... As for the main gear, see the attached picture. So... Is the TACTICAL gonna have under(or over :P)wing pylons for missiles? I think this is gonna have to be bigger than a normal F-15... This stuff isn't gonna fit on the airframe; it's too light.

The landing gear is just another idea...

post-39470-1228539202_thumb.png

Nose gear isnt problem at all, we can easly move it forward (im not to much concerned about what is inside anyway). As for pylons: we follow old plan with 6 wings pylons.

Qote:

-----------

I think this is gonna have to be bigger than a normal F-15... This stuff isn't gonna fit on the airframe; it's too light.

-----------

Care to explain becouse I dont understand what do you mean.

As for gear: I would prefer to go with my idea since gear can be shorter and moved more to the rear.

Edited by taro8

The F-15's airframe is too small for all of this stuff. It can't hold together under as much strain as the weight of a tac-pack, missiles, and the new landing gear system would put on it in combat. If it were bigger, say slightly larger than an F-14, you'd see much different performance, as well as more space to fit all of these modifications.

And remember that if your gear is to far to the rear, it will push on a weaker and thinner area of the wing. It can't be right there next to the nacelle, as it would snag on the tac-pack. Therefore, moving it as far back as you have will put it on the aileron. I don't have to tell you why this wouldn't work, as it's rather obvious...

Edited by Mynameizme

F-15T will be bigger than normal F-15, that was in my basic concept, and detail how much bigger can be easily scaled. Im not to much concerned about real plane limitations, also TAC packs make landing MUCH harder thats why i want to move gear maximally to the rear.

Once again its not a REAL plane just my imaginary plane, it was in concept BIG, HEAVY and DEADLY.

Dont get me wrong Im grateful that you want to help but we dont need to concern about minor (at least for me) details. Its like with planes transforming into mechas, in real world that wouldnt be to plausible also they would be very prone to malfunction, but does it change fact that they are cool? Nope. Same is here.