Sign in to follow this  
LCountach

Which Campaigns Utilize Carriers

I did a little searching about this but came up virtually empty. I wish to know which Third Wire Campaigns utilize carriers. That is which ones actually allow the player to take off and land in missions? It is my understanding there is a carrier included in WOV correct? In addition to that, I wish to know which AddOn campaigns utilize carriers. Also I don't fully understand how aircraft are selected inside the campaign environment. Do campaigns allow the player to fly more than one type of aircraft? If so is it picked randomly by the campaign or can the player chose? Essentially I would like to know how campaigns work for both player aircraft and how it selects missions.

NOTE: I know th KB has a tutorial for adding carriers but that is not what I am looking for. Well at least not yet anyway.

Thanks in advance.

All three WoV Campaigns use carriers as well as the various addon WoV campaigns by third parties. The Falklands/Malvinas and MiddleEastWars v1.1 also uses carriers.

Do campaigns allow the player to fly more than one type of aircraft?

Thanks in advance.

The short answer is yes.

You'll start out on one type, and as you progress through your career your unit will upgrade, depending on what a\c you fly.

It may be same type but newer model, or change to a different type. Can't remember it depends on your initial choice of unit and\or service.

As for swapping a\c willy nilly in stock career the answer is no.

Ok thanks. That leads me to another question. Is there some sort of guide that I can follow that will show the progression of service aircraft from one to the next. From what you have said I may miss out on some things if I chose the wrong service. If I chose Air Force for example. Will I miss out on the carriers?