Sign in to follow this  
sparkomatic

I hate to admit it...

Maybe I need a "knowledge base" lesson on how to use the search feature here...but even if that is the case, well it should not be that way.

I updated to the Sept 2008 patch for WOE...I want the "nations mod"...the one that has the "Nigerian Fleet Air Arm" in it...where the heck is that?

Go ahead and type "nations" in the search...it goes to the forum and you get 17 pages to squint through...

Go to the knowledge base and try to figure out which category that is...

Go to the downloads section and try to figure out where they put it...

22 minutes later and the only result is this post...

Have mentioned it before, but really, this is silly...

Sorry to complain, but do not even get me started on trying to find a specific airplane...

Also, how does one check for most recent download files? If I try to sort by latest, it just tells me no...

Ive been here from nearly the very begining and the search function has always been porked. I realized it when once I tried typing in different aircraft and it came back with almost the same results each time...17 pages worth or so it seemed, lol. Now I pretty much such do the long search the hard way when I want something.

There is so much information here that we almost need a wiki or some other optimized system to present it.

Maybe I need a "knowledge base" lesson on how to use the search feature here...but even if that is the case, well it should not be that way.

I think the damn thing is gone.

I updated to the Sept 2008 patch for WOE...I want the "nations mod"...the one that has the "Nigerian Fleet Air Arm" in it...where the heck is that?

I can hook you up with the text you need to add that.

Go ahead and type "nations" in the search...it goes to the forum and you get 17 pages to squint through...

Search function has never worked, its the software. Which I hate....

Sorry to complain, but do not even get me started on trying to find a specific airplane...

I think its pretty easy to find an aircraft, I do not think I could break it down any easier.

Also, how does one check for most recent download files? If I try to sort by latest, it just tells me no...

On the front page of CA its has the latest files and latest forum posts.

"I think its pretty easy to find an aircraft, I do not think I could break it down any easier."

As I said, maybe I am doing something wrong...but I went to the search button in the download section...typed F-19 and received this:

98 pages and none seem to have the F-19 in them...

post-946-1225193972_thumb.jpg

"I think its pretty easy to find an aircraft, I do not think I could break it down any easier."

As I said, maybe I am doing something wrong...but I went to the search button in the download section...typed F-19 and received this:

98 pages and none seem to have the F-19 in them...

That is part of the search engine problem, it doesn't like the dash in F-19....

to answer your query

http://forum.combatace.com/index.php?autocom=downloads

Downloads

http://forum.combatace.com/index.php?autoc...&showcat=23

Add-on Aircraft

http://forum.combatace.com/index.php?autoc...amp;showcat=279

Fictional, Experimental, UAV's

http://forum.combatace.com/index.php?autoc...p;showfile=2172

Page 4

Easy as pie. Not trying to bust your balls sparko....

True, if you know where something is then it is a matter of clicking to it...I used the F-19 as an example because there are few files associated with it. I removed the "-" and typed F19...still yielded 98 pages...

thanks for the tip on Google: "F-19 site:combatace.com" that worked very well...

Ahh Google! Is there anything you don't know?

Professor Google is the saving grace of research these days.

Of course, one does still have to be careful of which source you use and reference.