When you see this in the DATA file of a SAM ground vehicle.......

[WeaponSystem]

TargetType=AIR

MissileRange=24000.000000 <--- is this feet, miles, meters?

MinMissileRange=100.000000 <----- same question as above....

PitchAngleRate=5

MaxPitch=80

MinPitch=30

DefaultPitchAngle=30

YawAngleRate=55.........

Thanks

Warren

Ranges , distances, and altitudes are all in meters. Speeds are in meters per second.

Sweet, thanks a million! I need to go and reduce some ranges, sheesh! I made the SAMs way more deadly, I often start entering a combat zone hearing SAM LAUNCHED, SAM LAUNCHED about 20 times, but they are firing too prematurely!

Warren

I've been thinking about working out a chart factoring range/altitude/speed/heading/time. It'll be a big help when the "SAM launch" goes over the air and you know you are the target. Once i get my comp back in action i'll go right to work on it.

PS- my wingmen and i have been nailed by SA2s as far as 20 miles. We just happened to be in their envelope for too long and were made statistics.

I'm working to update ini to all soviet/russian SAM i find to more bugs on this, but almost fix it, also i added additional variants to all SAM depending of year and addded some NEW: SA-14,16,18 you can test BETA version of this on my Weapon pack part4 topic.

Yay, I keep getting nailed every once in awhile by the Tunguska... like in Afghanistan but in the NW terrain I got so much hills...