I have another question. I have been reading about the weapons packs out there and how they are not working with the sept2008 WOE. So is there a weapon pack out there that will work. Now that i got the mig-21's flying i need some new weapons to try out.

Thanks

I have another question. I have been reading about the weapons packs out there and how they are not working with the sept2008 WOE. So is there a weapon pack out there that will work. Now that i got the mig-21's flying i need some new weapons to try out.

Try using the latest weapon editor when you load the weapons pack to it, works fine on mine.

Thanks

Edited by porterjr

I've had no issues, other than the fact that the update overwrote the WEAPONDATA.ini

Unfortunately I'm still working off of a non-updated WEAPONDATA.ini, but had not any issues with weapons... seems fine to me..

The MF Packs work fine, Bunyaps pack will also work but its a little harder to install without messing up your game. I use Bunyaps and added the missing weapons from the MF packs.

To Install Bunyaps, first install it to a Temp folder, DO NOT install it to the game! Then copy the LODs,BMPs and Weapon INIs (Except WEAPONSDATA.INI) to your Sims Objects/Weapons Folder, Then Manually copy and Past the Info from Bunyaps WEAPONSDATA.INI to your WEAPONSDATA.INI. Then delete the WEAPONSDATA.DAT file and Use the Newest Weapons Editor to Open and Save it. Thats how i did it and i have not had any problems.

Edited by WarlordATF

The MF Packs work fine, Bunyaps pack will also work but its a little harder to install without messing up your game. I use Bunyaps and added the missing weapons from the MF packs.

To Install Bunyaps, first install it to a Temp folder, DO NOT install it to the game! Then copy the LODs,BMPs and Weapon INIs (Except WEAPONSDATA.INI) to your Sims Objects/Weapons Folder, Then Manually copy and Past the Info from Bunyaps WEAPONSDATA.INI to your WEAPONSDATA.INI. Then delete the WEAPONSDATA.DAT file and Use the Newest Weapons Editor to Open and Save it. That's how i did it and i have not had any problems.

Warlord,

You do not have to do that, you are adding steps to make it more confusing than it is. People listen, (I have only been doing this since the sim came out but WTF do I know?)

1. Buny's weps are in a folder called weapons....put that in your OBJECTS folder. (after you unzip it to a temp directory) Then take the latest editor, open buny's weapondata.ini, then hit save, that is it, NOTHING MORE IS REQUIRED. It will create a new weapondata.dat. Your weps will be there. If they are not, then you did not follow the instructions. I can make a freakin' video of me doing this and post the damn thing if no one believes me.

I appreciate you guys who try to help, however, make sure you are giving the correct information.

So, does this install mean, I will have to do this fresh install procedure, again with the "WOE_Update_Oct2008b" patch??

Yes

Evet

Ja

Da

Si

Oui

Warlord,

You do not have to do that, you are adding steps to make it more confusing than it is. People listen, (I have only been doing this since the sim came out but WTF do I know?)

1. Buny's weps are in a folder called weapons....put that in your OBJECTS folder. (after you unzip it to a temp directory) Then take the latest editor, open buny's weapondata.ini, then hit save, that is it, NOTHING MORE IS REQUIRED. It will create a new weapondata.dat. Your weps will be there. If they are not, then you did not follow the instructions. I can make a freakin' video of me doing this and post the damn thing if no one believes me.

I appreciate you guys who try to help, however, make sure you are giving the correct information.

Thanks Dave,

I didn't know it worked that way. I was not sure Bunyaps weapondata.ini included all the default weapons. My way does work, I wouldn't intentionally give bad info but like you said its more steps than needed.

Thanks Dave,

I didn't know it worked that way. I was not sure Bunyaps weapondata.ini included all the default weapons. My way does work, I wouldn't intentionally give bad info but like you said its more steps than needed.

I know you wouldn't give out bad info. Also it has been my experience deleting any of the default weps will cause the sim to crash. So all weps packs, big ones anyway, have the default weps included in the weaponsdata.ini. So you never have to worry there.