Sign in to follow this  
Emil.H.91

Adding New Weapons

After messing around with WOE for the last week i now want to add some new weapons to the original unmodded game. I want to take some weapons for the various weapon packs. I am mostly interested in Russian IRM and SAHM's, and various Nato weapons.

I have no idea how to add them manually, i hope someone here can help me.

I have the weaponsdata.ini extracted and downloaded the latest weaponseditor.exe.

Thanks but the link is not much of a help.

Secifically i need to know how to copy the weapons data from the weapons pack into my WOE folder. I need to know which files to copy over so i can make them work.

Thanks but the link is not much of a help.

Secifically i need to know how to copy the weapons data from the weapons pack into my WOE folder. I need to know which files to copy over so i can make them work.

Um read it again, its the exact procedure you need to do to add weapons...the EXACT....

You know how to cut and paste right?

Also do not forget the files (the models of the weapons) or even though you added the data...and the weps show up in the loadout screen in the sim, you wont be able to see them.

Thanks Dave for your help, but how do i know which model goes to which weapon? I know how copy the weapons files from the weapondata.ini.

Thanks Dave for your help, but how do i know which model goes to which weapon? I know how copy the weapons files from the weapondata.ini.

Look in the weapon editor link I gave you and in the 4th picture you will see "3D model name"....

That is what you look for.

Thanks for yuor help. Just one more question.

Do i copy the nameofweapon.bmp and the .lod or just the .bmp file?

Thanks for yuor help. Just one more question.

Do i copy the nameofweapon.bmp and the .lod or just the .bmp file?

lod, bmp, the works. Lod is the actual model. So with out the lod, you get no wep.

lod, bmp, the works. Lod is the actual model. So with out the lod, you get no wep.

sorry to interfere but some of the weapons also need to add the .ini file, right Dave?

Ok now i have another question.

Some weapons don't have a .bmp lust an .lod so will that still work if i just copied the .lod to my woe folder?

yes some weapons were left the color of the 3d model by the authors.Most will have a texture file(.bmp) but some won't.if you open the .lod in a hex editor or even notepad you can see at the bottom what texture file is assigned to the weapon.

Ok, heres one for you. Im doing the same thing, adding weps individually. Ive copied the data from an older weaponsdata.ini since I cant find it anywhere else to the weaponsdata.ini I extracted from the objects.cat file in my new install of the game and saved it. I then followed the procedure outlined in the directions in your link Dave, checking and double checking each thing. The weps still do not appear. I have added nukes, Aim-120s, -54's, and a few others. I made a weapons folder and placed all the addon weps in it. This folder is in the Objects folder.

The reason I decided to add weps manually was becuase I cant get ANY weps to show up when I try installing Bunyaps or MF's weapons packs! The only one that seemed to show any weps was the WOI pack. Now mind you, this is a vanilla install patched with the latest Oct2008 patch. Im at a loss here...

Edited by pcpilot

Ok, heres one for you. Im doing the same thing, adding weps individually. Ive copied the data from an older weaponsdata.ini since I cant find it anywhere else to the weaponsdata.ini I extracted from the objects.cat file in my new install of the game and saved it. I then followed the procedure outlined in the directions in your link Dave, checking and double checking each thing. The weps still do not appear. I have added nukes, Aim-120s, -54's, and a few others. I made a weapons folder and placed all the addon weps in it. This folder is in the Objects folder.

The reason I decided to add weps manually was becuase I cant get ANY weps to show up when I try installing Bunyaps or MF's weapons packs! The only one that seemed to show any weps was the WOI pack. Now mind you, this is a vanilla install patched with the latest Oct2008 patch. Im at a loss here...

That is because you are not using the latest weps editor. You use an old one, they disappear.

Ok cool, didnt know that. But when I click on the editor to start it for some reason it doesnt start. I had the same problem with some of the other older editors too.

Ok cool, didnt know that. But when I click on the editor to start it for some reason it doesnt start. I had the same problem with some of the other older editors too.

Its all in the Knowledge Base on how to fix each problem.

http://forum.combatace.com/index.php?showforum=189

Thanks for the help Dave, didnt mean to be a pain. I didnt realize how much stuff is in the database. I had looked thru it and did a search but the info I needed didnt seem to be there. Guess I just needed to spend more time in it. One more question though...If I install any of the weapons packs, dont they change the data.inis for some of the aircraft? I thought Bunyaps did that, dont know about the others. Wouldnt that undo the patch improvements?

Yes it would.