Sign in to follow this  

I've had a problem getting ships to shoot at all in the patched game. I did a vanilla install, added USS Long Beach CGN-9, made an anti-ship mission with the editor, and flew against the ship. It never engaged me with its weapons. I finally checked the gundata.ini and the 5"54 guns are listed there. The missiles, Talos and Terrier, are in the weaponsdata.ini file and in the weapons folder. We no longer have to add ships to the groundobjectdata.ini right? I doont think there is even one now right? So what have I done wrong?

Try upping the Search and Track Ranges...they seem AWFULLY low (20000.0) ... double the search to 40000 and the track to 35000 - that's 40 km and 35 km, respectively. But that STILL seems kinda 'short ranged'

It may be the "SAM Issue" we've all been running into the non-stock missiles. HAWKs seem to work fairly well, but the new NIKES (and old ones, too) seem to be asleep at the launcher.

Wrench

kevin stein

It may be the "SAM Issue" we've all been running into the non-stock missiles.

What's this "we" stuff? :haha: Dave, Crusader, and myself have been getting walloped....

Try upping the Search and Track Ranges...they seem AWFULLY low (20000.0) ... double the search to 40000 and the track to 35000 - that's 40 km and 35 km, respectively. But that STILL seems kinda 'short ranged'

It may be the "SAM Issue" we've all been running into the non-stock missiles. HAWKs seem to work fairly well, but the new NIKES (and old ones, too) seem to be asleep at the launcher.

Wrench

kevin stein

Another thing to look at is the LockOnChance, LaunchReliability, and SeekerFOV values in the weapons data for the missiles. Bunyap's SA-9 worked without any problems before the patches, but I found I had to bump all these values way up to get any launches. Otherwise I'd fly circles over/around/next to it all day long and nothing would happen.

Hmmm I guess it's just me....nobody likes me...nobody wants to shoot at me.... :cray: air defenses (except the damn guns) just ignore me....makes me sad...

anyway, just finished running a few mission (editing a really old ship test mission to switch sides...)

longbeach_test.jpg

The DO seem to be working, albeit they fire 6 for 1 hit...definately something "off" in the missiles themselves (and the ship needs work too....)

Of course, dopey me took the unfinshed updating Fulcrum, so I had no RWR. The others I was using the Libyan Mirage5DE, and still no indications of being painted (must recheck avionics inis....note to self...)

Wrench

kevin stein

OK, what did you do to get the terriers to fire? Up the search and track range? Unless that range is measured in inches, I flew all around the ship and nothing ever happened. I also noticed as I on occassion switched views to the ship, that the gun and missile batteries arent tracking me like they did prior to the patch. I'll try yours and malibus' suggestions though and see what happens.

Uh, never mind I guess...this was just a drill gentlemen...I got the latest SP4 CGN-9 from Capuns' site. Mine was an older SP3 version I think. I also finally got the weapons editor to work like the knowledge base shows and installed Bunyaps weapons pack. Turns out, I was looking at some screenies I shot of the cruiser and the forward most launcher of the two forward launchers didnt have any missiles on it. It was because they werent installed properly. (There are two forward launchers.) The missiles I saw before on the other forward launcher and the aft launcher were just dummy, not meant to fire. Thanks for the time you spent to reply...I usually dont ask for help until I have exhausted possibilities and dang when I do finally ask, I stumble on the answers...geeze... :slow(en):

PS. Wrench, what do you think we can do to improve this ship? What ini edits could it use do you suppose?

Edited by pcpilot