There used to be an add-on kill markings that would put a little red star right up below the cockpit for every kill you got in the game. Kinda fun to see your score right on the side of your aircraft. I have run through the search files and I cannot find it. Was it one of the mods that went away with the patches? Anybody got a link or have a copy of the file? Would be greatly appreciated.

There used to be an add-on kill markings that would put a little red star right up below the cockpit for every kill you got in the game. Kinda fun to see your score right on the side of your aircraft. I have run through the search files and I cannot find it. Was it one of the mods that went away with the patches? Anybody got a link or have a copy of the file? Would be greatly appreciated.

I might be mistaken, but I think this feature has been added "stock" to the new patches.

Which plane, Jug? They're working for me.

check the decals ini, and see if it has a pointer for the killmarks Below is frm the F-4E's

[Decal007]

MeshName=splitter_plate_left

DecalLevel=3

DecalFacing=LEFT

FilenameFormat=kill

Position=5.995,-.141

Rotation=00.0

Scale=0.75

DecalMaxLOD=2

Should be something similiar for the others. (excepting the commies....they don't get any :biggrin: which really means, no one's actually plotted the positions out on the various and sundry MiGs. Nor is are there any -stock- kill marks for bad gusy. I DO remember someone releasing Arab one for WoI)

Wrench

kevin stein

Which plane, Jug? They're working for me.

check the decals ini, and see if it has a pointer for the killmarks Below is frm the F-4E's

Should be something similiar for the others. (excepting the commies....they don't get any :biggrin: which really means, no one's actually plotted the positions out on the various and sundry MiGs. Nor is are there any -stock- kill marks for bad gusy. I DO remember someone releasing Arab one for WoI)

Wrench

kevin stein

Thanks, Wrench. (F11-1F) My question is where is the "kill" file referenced in the fileformat entry? Is it a file that is an internal part of the game and does not have to be copied and pasted? The rest is just positioning the decal in the decal.ini on the correct meshname. However, most of the referenced fileformat entries point to the .tga files in "[aircraft]\[skin]\d" folder. I was hunting around for the "kill" file and have no idea where it exists.

Evidently, my concern is wasted because it doesn't matter. Reference the file and it appears when called.

PFM (Pure Frapping Magic) - pilot talk for anything unexplainable in simple terms.

Edited by Jug

It's a stock decal, hiding in the objects.cat. There should be 100 of them.

I (guess!) all you'd need to do is give a pointer in the decals ini, and they should show up.

Theoreticly, ones could be made, following the same format for the 'bad guys'. And probably stored in the games main /Decals folder in the /Objects folder and pointed there.

Something for the Mig drivers to think about. What they would/could/should use for the 'symbol' is whatever they want

Wrench

kevin stein

I miss kill marks.

I gotta create a new entity, I reckon, as once past 100, they go away...

:sorry: