Sign in to follow this  
Skelator56

WeaponsData.ini File missing

Hello All.

I've installed the Oct 08 patches for WoE, WoV and SFP1. When I would go to the weapons editor, or the weapons folder in the Objects folder, I used to find a separate file called "WeaponData.ini" That file no longer shows up in any Weapons Editors or Weapons folders for any of my updated games. It does appear if I go back to an earlier version that has the Sept 06 patch applied. I tried to copy and paste the older file into my newer patched game but it caused all the weapons to disappear. Also, when I open up the Weapons editor and hit "open" the screen remains blank. Without this file, I cannot add or save any new weapons to my Weapons Editor.

Any help would be appreciated.

To all the fantastic Modders, Sim folks, Add on people and to TK...Thanks for a great Sim!

It's all good!

Skelator

First, you didn't patch OVER your modded install did you?

If you did...ouch.

Second, you MUST have the newest version of the weapons editor. Otherwise, any weapondata.dat file you create will not work.

Hey somebody, is there a sticky thread we can put up somewhere since this still comes up (don't want someone having to wade through 40 pages to look for that particular answer).

FastCargo

Are you using the Wings Over Israel weapon editor? If not, you should be. The Sept 2008 and Oct 2008 patches bring ALL sims up to WOI standards, so use the WOI utilities.

First, you didn't patch OVER your modded install did you?

If you did...ouch.

Second, you MUST have the newest version of the weapons editor. Otherwise, any weapondata.dat file you create will not work.

Hey somebody, is there a sticky thread we can put up somewhere since this still comes up (don't want someone having to wade through 40 pages to look for that particular answer).

FastCargo

Thanks FastCargo....All I can say is "Oops!"

That would be the answer. I did happen to install over a Modded install. Thought I could get away with it. If there is no way to recover from this I'll start with a fresh mod and add the patches. Is the newest weapons Editor part of the patch? Is there any way of preserving all of the cool aircraft that I have added (can I save the aircraft folder and transfer it to the new mod)?

Thanks for the input. I'll let you know how it goes. Did you ever make a stop in at March while you were flying or Carswell?

Skel

Are you using the Wings Over Israel weapon editor? If not, you should be. The Sept 2008 and Oct 2008 patches bring ALL sims up to WOI standards, so use the WOI utilities.

I'll try that too. Where can I get it?

Skel

I'll try that too. Where can I get it?

Skel

Um here at Combatace...in the patches sections..... :blink::dntknw::blink::shok:

Um here at Combatace...in the patches sections..... :blink::dntknw::blink::shok:

Hi Dave,

I checked the Patches section and found the WOI 2008 update, but I did not find a WeaponsData.ini patch. Is this included in the update and can I apply this directly to WoV/WoE?

Skel

Hi Dave,

I checked the Patches section and found the WOI 2008 update, but I did not find a WeaponsData.ini patch. Is this included in the update and can I apply this directly to WoV/WoE?

Skel

http://forum.combatace.com/index.php?autoc...p;showfile=6075

this is the editor to use with the Oct patch.