Sign in to follow this  
malibu43

Weird horizon with widesky...

I think this may have been mentioned or asked, but I couldn't find it anywhere. Is this normal for Widesky?

img00001-4.jpg

Only seems to happen when the sun is in that position...

Thanks!

*edit* - in case it's not clear what I'm talking about, it's that band running along the horizon. As you get further away from directly below the sun, it fades out.

Edited by malibu43

I noticed the same thing in my games using Widesky, but maybe someone can tell us how to "fix" it.

Does the sun set behind the band? ... ie... does the band cut off the setting sun?

I've seen that before. This may be it (?)

Look in Enviro.

Check under [sky]

see if HorizonVertexHeight=0

If above zero, there is a band between the fogged horizon and the bottom of the horizon panels...and this band cuts off the sun. The vertex height may have changed in THE PATCH 2008.

Does the sun set behind the band? ... ie... does the band cut off the setting sun?

I've seen that before. This may be it (?)

Look in Enviro.

Check under [sky]

see if HorizonVertexHeight=0

If above zero, there is a band between the fogged horizon and the bottom of the horizon panels...and this band cuts off the sun. The vertex height may have changed in THE PATCH 2008.

Yes, the band does cut off the sun. I'll check the .ini file later. So, if it's more than 0, I should try setting it to zero, correct?

Oh, and FWIW, that screen shot was with SP4. I've seen the problem both pre and post 08 patches.

Maybe widesky changes the vertex height for some reason (if its not something else). Try zero if its not already.

Lexx:

Thanks, that is exactly what the problem was. The HorizonVertexHeight was set to 0.100, not 0. When I changed it to 0, the ban went away.

Just out of courisity, what is the advantage of setting HorizonVertexHeight greater than 0 ???

Thanks;

Panama Red

AUSSOM

As to why the nonzero, you can potentially use deviations to achieve a desired effect. I have worked with this.