Sign in to follow this  
chiller1064

Making flyable Aircraft AI Aircraft

Why do that, nothing is won by doing that...

Why do that, nothing is won by doing that...

Ummm... well, if I'm playing WOE and I'm only interested in US/NATO aircraft but want to fly against MiG-25s and MiG-29s then it's a "win" for me since I keep my flyable aircraft selections exclusively US/NATO.

Step 1: Install aircraft

Step 2: In drop down menu of aircraft type to fly, do not select it, EVER. Aircraft will be exclusively flown by the AI from now on.

Ummm... well, if I'm playing WOE and I'm only interested in US/NATO aircraft but want to fly against MiG-25s and MiG-29s then it's a "win" for me since I keep my flyable aircraft selections exclusively US/NATO.

Wait, I think I am not understanding you correctly, are you saying you want the sim to only pit you against certain "enemy" airframes during missions?

just delete the cockpit folder

better yet, rename the cockpit ini to something else (backupcockpit) so that the ini file doesn't recognize it. That way, you can undo that damage later when the thrill of combatting superior aircraft tickles your fancy....

:biggrin:

just delete the cockpit folder

better yet, rename the cockpit ini to something else (backupcockpit) so that the ini file doesn't recognize it. That way, you can undo that damage later when the thrill of combatting superior aircraft tickles your fancy....

:biggrin:

O.k., so the game will select the modified A/C as AI-controlled and load them out accordingly?

Try and see.

Like T said, or just as easy, comment out the line in the airplane.ini that declares the cockpit.ini file the plane uses.

// two lines like this make a pure comment line, game ignores it. I think this would work as well.

However, if you want to save game size on disk, you could delete the cockpit folders and might as well delete the .ini line too.

Does it make any difference if the plane is flyable or not? I don't think the sim "cares" when it randomly chooses an opponent as long as the service dates match up. :dntknw:

In Availability ensure it is VERY_COMMON.

Have specific installs, era wise type wise...whatever...Or remove unwanted aircraft folders and put them outside the game folder temporarily while you play.

As for making them only AI delete

CockpitDataFile=........._cockpit.ini that may be found in the .......(airplane).ini