Sign in to follow this  
leoshan

why my graphic so bad?

my graphic in AF looks so bad, the afterbuner looks like fake and the smoke behind the missles looks fake too, is there a way or somthing i can download to fix that?

can you post a screen shot? you are never going to get great graphics with this sim - the graphics engine has only been improved on since 1998 - hasnt been revamped though

Are they anything like these?

http://bbs.thirdwire.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=5831

If you have the graphics bumped to max - increase your Antialiasing and Anisotropic Filtering in your Graphics cards advanced settings

Edited by MigBuster

can you post a screen shot? you are never going to get great graphics with this sim - the graphics engine has only been improved on since 1998 - hasnt been revamped though

Are they anything like these?

http://bbs.thirdwire.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=5831

If you have the graphics bumped to max - increase your Antialiasing and Anisotropic Filtering in your Graphics cards advanced settings

well they are like the same, but i saw on youtube they post a vid, the smoke effect was way better

Was That definitely Allied Force on the Video or Open Falcon? or Red Viper/free Falcon ?

Was That definitely Allied Force on the Video or Open Falcon? or Red Viper/free Falcon ?

it was open falcon, but does that different?

Yes, F4:AF has graphics little altered from the original 1998 F4 release. OF/RV/FF have had their graphics updated quite a bit more.

Is it only me or the detail settings can only be raised to 5 or 7?

3D models aside form your plane has very low polygon count.

Even vehicles are just blocks.

Anyway, it's an old game anyway so I'm not really complaining but I would like to know if it can be improved (talking about Falcon4 AF).

You have to remember when this game was made, over 10 years ago.

You have to remember when this game was made, over 10 years ago.

I know. But what's bugging me is the screenshots in the box look way better than actual. Is it just a case of rendered / edited graphics instead of in-game?

Some things look better than others. The F-16s should look very good, although without fancy shaders for lighting and such we're used to now.

The F-4Es I recall look particularly poor. Vehicles however shouldn't be just blocks, although they're not that far removed really. One thing the game DOES do, though, is take its time drawing an object. If you lock onto a SAM for instance, then switch to an external view of the SAM looking at you, it will first draw it like a block then slowly increase the detail as you wait.

I know. But what's bugging me is the screenshots in the box look way better than actual. Is it just a case of rendered / edited graphics instead of in-game?

V high screen resolution and good hardware+ and over use of the zoom it looks like - the 2D cockpits looked ace anyway.

Try altering the AA and AF on your graphics card - and get the hitiles terrain - and even try other skins

2008-05-06_22_30_32.jpg

FreeFalcon5... has a newer DX engine than AF/OF...

www.freefalcon.com

2009-09-11_174830.jpg

2009-09-13_002322.jpg

2009-08-03_092236.jpg

2009-04-12_212046-1.jpg

2009-04-07_152940.jpg

2009-04-12_013309.jpg

Exactly... my allied force install graphics look pretty good for a 10 year old sim.

2006-08-24_15_34_34.jpg

2006-08-15_18_05_20.jpg

2006-08-15_18_02_04.jpg

PS2.jpg

PS1.jpg

Hag

Edited by Hag