Sign in to follow this  
Atreides

Installing the Vautour :(

Hey guys,

Need some help in figuring out why I cant see Veltros' awesome Vautour :dntknw: in my single mission screen. Here's the deal I've done a clean SFP1 install (and I mean clean, brand new hard drive) installed the Oct patch intalled weapons editor02-2008 and Bunyaps weapons pack. So far the only 3rd ac that I've installed is the F-8II and Veltros' BEAR both of which work fine. However, when I extract either of the Vautours with their respective fixes or without (had to try) they just refuse to appear, I thought maybe because I had not added the fuel tanks did that and the aircraft's still dont appear.... :shout::shout: what gives ? Any ideas...pointers will be truly appreciated thanks a lot in advance.

Cheers !

check if there is an cockpit entry in the vautour.ini .. and a pit folder inside the vautuur folder

Damn ! So simple. No there isnt a pit folder. Thanks ! Looks like the N requires the Hunter pit and since I dont have the Hunter installed.......DOH ! Thanks so much for the prompt reply Blackbird. :good:

Edited by Atreides

yup that`s true was wondering about the pit, and yes it was from WOE, I also imported the WOI Vautour and made it flyable in my WOE install and buzz around with the others over israel 2 + treemod!

Since I dont have WoE, would it be possible for to use say the VooDoo cockpit by simply editing the .ini entry that use the Hunter and changing it to use the Voodoo's cockpit or do I need to create a pit folder and its respective file ?

Edited by Atreides

Well, if you look in the KB, in the post I linked to above about the Hunters, You should find data on using the F-100 pit

http://forum.combatace.com/index.php?showt...st&p=139056

down near the bottom of the post, under a dividing line -------------------------

Wrench

kevin stein

How about the Super Mystere B2 or Mystere IV A pit ? At least they are French, working in kilometers and meters etc. and they fit very nicely. Downloadable here at CA as far as I know.

What you miss are the dual engine instruments but that goes for the Hunter and F 100 too,

Aju,

Derk :smile:

How about the Super Mystere B2 or Mystere IV A pit ? At least they are French, working in kilometers and meters etc. and they fit very nicely. Downloadable here at CA as far as I know.

What you miss are the dual engine instruments but that goes for the Hunter and F 100 too,

Aju,

Derk :smile:

Yeah I did initially consider the Freanch pit's the only thing that was detering me from using them was the fact the lack of dual engine instruments. I'll give a few of them a try tonight once I get home. Thanks for all the pointers to all.

Wrench, thanks for the reply, good read and will try once home.

Edited by Atreides

You're welcome.

If you want to stick with twin-engine annunciator panels, you can always use the F-4B/C/D pit. That's what I did on the stock WoI Vatour. Albeit NOT correct, but workable (yah, I left the radar working too :wink: )

As to the mystre/saar/sambad, I'd definately use ordway's pit mods. They look VERY nice!

Wrench

kevin stein

Well, got home after unfortunately having to work 12 hours worth of blooding patching MSCRAPolla servers arrghh ! Thanks again Wrench for the KB worked like a charm, and so simple. Using ordway's cockpit. Thank you Veltro for making this a/c.