Sign in to follow this  
Top_Gun

East Coast Nas Afcad's

I'm not sure if you guys have seen my previous releases of some Air Force bases but here is my first Naval Air Station package.

Readme states what needs to be done. You will need TTools to install the AI traffic.

East Coast NAS

New Orleans

Fentress NALF

Norfolk

Patuxent River

Jacksonville

Pensacola

Key West

Willow Grove

KNQX%20Key%20West%20NAS.jpg

KNIP%20Jacksonville%20NAS.jpg

High%20Jammer.jpg

Norfolk%20NAS.jpg

intercept%20a%20C-5.jpg

These will also be loaded at Avsim and Flightsim.com I'll be taking down my other links to make room for some more up coming projects.

Will be doing some bomber bases next

Holy crap, is that the same water textures as that Ocean2 program, or whatever it is? My graphics card doesn't support it, but man, that looks AWESOME!

No, it's a new water texture from Bill Lyons I believe. Should be able to find it on AVSIM.

It's truely awesome looking, especially after in the screenshots :D

thanks

Guest MrMudd

Wow very cool!

Topgun send me an email, this would be the first for me in adding ai flight plans etc. I would also like to discuss some other things with you.

mrmudd@biohazcentral.com

here topgun to make things easy pie for every 1, why not make a complete

package easy install .EXE or even , 2 downloadable chunks =1 being planes then the ai flight plans ready for ingame file format ,

makes life easy, post it here at bio ask a very kind madjeff

:)

Edited by ARCHER

I think it's time for a Military FS2K4 download section. I'm working on the downloads section this weekend, so stay tuned.

:) Navychief:

AI aircraft are the planes you cannot fly butyou see in the sky, like you enemies in SFP1, for example. AI stands for Artificial Intelligence--and means the computer-generated planes. Well, Traffic Tools gives you the ability to put many planes on the airport and in the air and have them fly around you, to put it very simply. Also, before one adds a cockpit line to the SFP1 MIG-21, the plane is AI because youcannot fly it. After the cockpit line addition, it becomes flyable but continues to behave as AI when it is an enemy...

post-54-1068940758_thumb.jpg

Hey Jinks

Thanks for clearing that up. I guess the reason for the AI is for increased realism?

NC

Sorry guys, I've been busy making more bases and flights and haven't been hitting the forums much lately. FS2004 doesn't add any Military AI so we have to create them. They also didn't give us any parking at the military bases so those also need to be created like they did in 2002.

Jinks, you should be able to find the new AFCAD V2 on FLightsim or Avsim. It's different than 2002 as those were txt files and these are now BGL files.

MrMudd, just sent the email. Here is some basic info on how to install this stuff.

First you will need to download TTools which should be found in Flightsim.com under "Must have files."

Download this into a separate folder called ttools. Run the decompile button, it will create 3 txt files. Aircraft, Airports and flightplans.

I believe I have 3 renamed txt file that way you are only editing my military files. Put these into the same folder where your ttools txt files are and hit decompile again.. You will now get a military.bgl

The 3rd one takes alittle more work.

You have to have all the AC downloaded into your AC folder. There should be links for most of my AC in the flight plans but you can edit to what fits your needs. I've seen people use WWII props instead.

Take the BGL's and put them into your fs9/addonscenery/scenery folder.

This is a site has a very helpful "how to" and is where I learned most of this stuff, http://www.jetdoc.com/HLP/helptt2_1.html

I have include my email in the readme so feel free to fire questions my way. I'm very happy to help out one on one.

I also have many other Airbases uploaded to Avsim, Flightsim & simouthouse. Jeff, if your interested I'd be very happy to upload them here.

http://www.x-plane.org/users/topgun/AFCAD/...%20Holloman.zip

http://www.x-plane.org/users/topgun/AFCAD/...%20&%20KRIC.zip

http://www.x-plane.org/users/topgun/AFCAD/...and%20Eglin.zip

http://www.x-plane.org/users/topgun/AFCAD/...%20and%20SJ.zip

Sorry Archer, I'm not smart enough to do the auto installer. I am working now with PAI who has that for Civilian Airlines but it will be some time before they do that for military flights.

The biggest task is finding and installing the files needed for AI. I've given you links, you need to do the rest of the work. The biggest task is Justin's skins but they add so much to it.

Any questions, just email me so I can get back quicker.

Jeff, let me know when you have a download section and I can upload or you are welcome to just take those zips and upload.

Some other flights into Langly

F-15%20FF%20AI%202%20ship.jpg

F-15%20FF%20low%20approach.jpg

F-15%20FF%20.jpg

This last one is me closest to the camera trying to stay tight with an AI plane :D

:) Many thanks Top Gun. Great pics. I guess I could fill the sky with Navy Planes through the use of Ttools, right?

Navychief: the AI planes are there to fill the game with planes and so you can have nemies to shoot at. Without them, there would not be enemies to shoot at and there would be only ONE plane in every game and NOTHING ELSE--there would be the plane you fly. Strategy games and arcade games have AI people and military units instead of planes (though some have planes too).