Sign in to follow this  
Viper6

problems...

Is any one else getting re-directed to another site? I put combat ace in My Favorites and now im getting redirected to some other combat ace

i have ALL the tools to stop this kind of crap but it just started this morning.

Is any one else getting re-directed to another site? I put combat ace in My Favorites and now im getting redirected to some other combat ace

i have ALL the tools to stop this kind of crap but it just started this morning.

Hi, just to check that you have no virus: from a command prompt ping www.combatace.com, you should have a return IP of 67.212.178.218 , if you have something different, definetively you have a virus and messed your host file.

I had the same problem this morning: I was redirected to a website that looks like one of those website you are redirected to when a domain expires. Now everything works fine, and I haven't changed anything.

Nghengo, Spillone104 and Lukko reported the same problem, but they can access now too.

I looked on SimHQ, and other people reported the same problem. I think it's not a virus that hit us...

Our domain registrar was in the middle of a credit crisis. (read: I forgot to update our auto-renewal information and they suspended our domain name.) All is fixed now, thankfully. Happy Holidays everyone.

E

It seems there are still problems!

Have still problems to connect from my handy to the site, also 76.IAP-Blackbird informed me, it doesn´t work also for him!

It displays something from NetworkSolutions

:dntknw:

It's possible if you tried to get to the site while the registrar had our domain suspended then your DNS cache on your machine is still not updated. You can clear the cache by doing the following.

Open a Command Window: (Start > Run > Type "CMD" > Press "Enter")

Flush the DNS at the command prompt: (Type "ipconfig /flushdns" > Press "Enter")

Exit the Command Window at the command prompt: (Type "exit" > Press "Enter")

Close your browser window(s) and reopen a new browser window then navigate to our website.

===

Another trick is to use another DNS lookup form of our domain.

Example: If you always use "combatace.com" to get to our site, try using "www.combatace.com" if you use "www.combatace.com" then try using "combatace.com" both versions get you to the same place but require a separate DNS resolution.

===

If those options fail then just waiting out the re-population of our domain will solve it.

Of course if you can already read this message then your resolving to the domain already so these instructions would only be for those that can't get here or for future referrence when having problems getting to our site.

E