Sign in to follow this  
hotrodss

Need help with external tanks for F/A-18F

I just downloaded and installed the F/A-18F add-on A/C from Erwin_Hans, the install was fine, but I do not have any external tanks. I copied and pasted the "weapondata ini.txt" file to the weapondata.ini file and numbered it accordingly. I went to loadout screen within the game and did not see a listing for the centerline or wing external tanks. Do the files need to go into a different location?

You have to open the Weapon Editor, then save. Don't know why but that's how you get them, as you can see in the sig image.

You have to open the Weapon Editor, then save. Don't know why but that's how you get them, as you can see in the sig image.

Because the game never looks at the Weapons.ini, it only looks at the product the weapons editor produces, the weapons.dat.

And you are quite correct, anything added to the INI needs to be saved to add it to the DAT.

Thanks for the info, what is the Weapon Editor and where can I get?

Thanks...Is it compatible with WoE, WoV, SFP1 & WoI? I've downloaded it and what file(s) do/does it go into? I only have winRAR do I need winzip to use it?

Sorry for all the ?'s, I'm trying to learn how to use all of this stuff.

What exactly do you mean? As far as the files for the tanks go? Or? Yes the Weapon Editor works with all four. TK does one thing right, is that despite the name.. all are virtually the same, so if you get one of the four, you can use all your mod tools for all four. Not sure about SF2, but that remains to be seen.

What exactly do you mean? As far as the files for the tanks go? Or? Yes the Weapon Editor works with all four. TK does one thing right, is that despite the name.. all are virtually the same, so if you get one of the four, you can use all your mod tools for all four. Not sure about SF2, but that remains to be seen.

I'm asking how do you use the weapon editor...for example, I'm playing WoI and there is a file in the main directory called 'Weapon Editor'. Is this the file you're referring to? This Weaon Editor file is contained in the Weaons Pack_03Jul06 by Rob 'Bunyap' McCray for all four sims, I've installed that weapons pack into WoI. Is this the same file you sent me the link to earlier?

Ahh gotcha. Open the Weapon Editor, then go to the WoI/Objects/Weapons folder (navigate through the weapons editor), and then it will only open the Weapondata.ini file. If you navigated right, a whole lot of weapons will be listed. Just click "Save", and as Specter_USA mentioned, the "Save" creates a new weapondata.dat file, close the weapon editor, and you should have a lot of weapons for your various aircraft. Note, that WoX series allocates weapons by year, so if I have a weapon that existed from 1963 to say... 2020 (for argument's sake), then whatever aircraft existed in that time period, the weapon will be available. It's a nice system, but you can always "what if" for various planes, like if you wanted a JDAM for a Vietnam-era aircraft, you'd have to double click the weapon name in the editor, and manually adjust the days so your fav plane could use it.

Due to the way the Weapon Editor is setup, when you first start the WE, it'll create it's own folder, so if you want it in a specific place, then it'll be "set" there. Or wherever you first open it, it doesn't matter, as long as you know how to navigate to your Weapons directory.

Ok, thanks I'll give it a try. I've deleted WoE from my system and will start fresh with a clean install.

One last question...I have the service packs (patches)--that were releleased before 2008) for Wov, WoE & SFP1. Does the Oct. 2008 patch for these three sims supercede the previous service packs/patches? Example...I installed WoE, would I need to install patches 07.10.06, 08.30.06 & WoE_hotfix or can I just install the Oct 2008 patch and be all set, have fun and shoot down migs.

Oct 2008 is all-inclusive, and all you need.

The others can be handy if there are things you don't like about the newer ones, but I can't think of a one...

Oct 2008 is all-inclusive, and all you need.

The others can be handy if there are things you don't like about the newer ones, but I can't think of a one...

Spectre_USA & EricJ thanks for your help.

no probs :good: