Sign in to follow this  
scouserlad13

Football (soccer to Americans) supporters topic

Title really says it all, just come here to talk about all the latest news and results of the footy. It can be any league from any country. This post will generally include things such as leauge tables, current news, results and just general information.

Tables

Premier league table: http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/e...ble/default.stm (LIVERPOOL ARE STILL TOP! :biggrin: )

Coca Cola league championship table: http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/e...ble/default.stm

League 1: http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/e...ble/default.stm

League 2: http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/e...ble/default.stm

News

Steven Gerrard has been arrested for involvement in a bar fight in Southport, England

January Transfer window Open

Newcastle not looking good after recent hammering by Liverpool. 5-1 to liverpool

Arsenal now Fifth in table

Man City are set to sign Arsenal defender Kolo Toure and Santa Cruz by the end of the week.

Heskey, however, is likely to rejoin his former club Liverpool for £4m

Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger has been offered £25m to take charge at Real Madrid in the summer and the Spanish side also want to sign Gunners midfielder Cesc Fabregas

Recent Results

Monday, 29 December 2008

Barclays Premier League

Man Utd 1-0 Middlesbrough

The Coca-Cola Football League Championship

Blackpool 2-2 Wolverhampton

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sunday,

28 December 2008

Barclays Premier League

Arsenal 1-0 Portsmouth

Blackburn 2-2 Man City

Bolton 0-1 Wigan

Everton 3-0 Sunderland

Fulham 2-2 Chelsea

Newcastle 1-5 Liverpool

West Brom 2-0 Tottenham

West Ham 2-1 Stoke

The Coca-Cola Football League Championship

Barnsley 1-1 Preston

Birmingham 0-0 Swansea

Bristol City 1-0 Crystal Palace

Cardiff 1-0 Plymouth

Coventry 2-0 Sheff Wed

Derby 0-1 Ipswich

Doncaster 2-1 Burnley

Norwich 2-3 Nottm Forest

QPR 0-0 Watford

Sheff Utd 3-1 Charlton

Southampton 1-1 Reading

Coca-Cola Football League One

Cheltenham 3-6 Peterborough

Colchester 1-0 Leyton Orient

Hartlepool 1-4 Crewe

Huddersfield 2-0 Scunthorpe

Leicester 2-1 Hereford

Millwall 1-1 Yeovil

MK Dons 2-0 Southend

Northampton 0-0 Bristol Rovers

Oldham 0-0 Carlisle

Stockport 1-3 Leeds

Swindon 0-2 Brighton

Tranmere 2-1 Walsall

Coca-Cola Football League Two

Accrington Stanley 3-1 Grimsby

Aldershot 1-2 Dag & Red

Bournemouth 0-2 Barnet

Bradford 4-0 Morecambe

Darlington 0-0 Chesterfield

Exeter 0-2 Brentford

Gillingham 1-1 Wycombe

Luton 3-2 Lincoln City

Macclesfield 3-1 Chester

Notts County 0-3 Rotherham

Port Vale 2-1 Rochdale

Shrewsbury 1-0 Bury

That all for now, next week will be updated with the Latest news and results from the world of Football. Share any other football news or just simply show your pride for a team.

COME ON YOU REDS! YOU'LL NEVER WALK ALONE! LIVERPOOL FC FOR LIFE!

heskey back at livepool.!!!!...cool.

you think? I didnt really rate him as a player to be honest, you a liverpool supporter yourself?

i love heskey...he was great for liverpool...but then i miss the old owen.

King Kenny dalglish

rush

steve g

carrah

fowler

all liverpool greats...

Believe me, YOU'LL NEVER WALK ALONE.

i love heskey...he was great for liverpool...but then i miss the old owen.

King Kenny dalglish

rush

steve g

carrah

fowler

all liverpool greats...

So true, well its good to see a fellow liverpool supporter! :good:

Heskey was a big bloke who got pushed around too easily for my liking - but still he has played well in recent England games IMO

Am hoping Torres is back soon - although the last games have been 3-0 and 5-1 there have too many dominated games not won due to poor finishing!

cant believe Carragher has put in 2 own goals this year - we don't need any more challenges - and flippin Man U are creepin up - - its ours to throw away again!!

I know...dunno what carrah playing at at the moment with the own goals,but then you gotta forgive him as he makes up for it with some awsom football,..i still get feeling we might throw it away...it does seem to good to be true at moment...and as much as i love reina,he really does make me nervouse watching him especially when it come to european games...just as dudek did..lol.

Edited by racindriver1

Heskey was a big bloke who got pushed around too easily for my liking - but still he has played well in recent England games IMO

Am hoping Torres is back soon - although the last games have been 3-0 and 5-1 there have too many dominated games not won due to poor finishing!

cant believe Carragher has put in 2 own goals this year - we don't need any more challenges - and flippin Man U are creepin up - - its ours to throw away again!!

Yeah i know, i must admit, we do well at the start of the season, but then like mid-way through the season, something goes wrong and we end up in like 4th. Ahh i dont think we have to worry about Man U, i mean did you see how well we played against them, some of the best football ive ever seen from liverpool against Man U!

To be honest, with the squad that Rafa puts out at the moment, im not really seeing much need for torres to be played with the results that have been coming our way, granted they where against poor teams, but still i mean we are doing well. Personally i think steven gerrard is becoming a little off form. I mean, what was with his first attempt against Newcastle, he should of just popped it in, but no, he used the wrong foot and the keeper got it. Ahh well, im sure once he's done with court, he will be back on form hahaha

I know...dunno what carrah playing at at the moment with the own goals,but then you gotta forgive him as he makes up for it with some awsom football,..i still get feeling we might throw it away...it does seem to good to be true at moment...and as much as i love reina,he really does make me nervouse watching him especially when it come to european games...just as dudek did..lol.

HAHA I know what you mean, but i wouldnt trade him, he does a good job. And maybe he will do as well as dudek did in the champions league final when it came to the penaltys. What a save he made, i can still remember, me and my family where on the edge of our seats, and when he made the save, we jumped up screaming our heads off! Next day, i went into school with a liverpool scarf and a Afro wig, i couldnt get a hold of the Moustache :biggrin:

scouser.jpg

heres a funny picture for all liverpool supporters...

Bloody~Thieving~Scouser$27s.jpg

Actually, these few weeks would prove to be critical. There were rumours that Liverpool have to offload Torres if things got really bad...

Actually, these few weeks would prove to be critical. There were rumours that Liverpool have to offload Torres if things got really bad...

"there were"?

I mean, rumours is that Liverpool is going to sell Torres if they are going to finance anything for the January transfer window.

Hope that is not happening, it would be painful...

Torres is liverpool through n through...he recently said theres no other club he wants to be with and wants a long career at anfield,and for once for a foreign lad..i belive him..lol

I don't know, there is this charm about Liverpool FC that I don't really see in other EPL clubs. Let us say that it is kind of magical.

Torres is going nowhere for now and thats that! best forward since Michael Owen in his youth - and if you consider he has his Spanish international team mates there too!

Well Bruce Grobelaar and David James - particularly James were disasters at corners and set pieces - nothings changed in that regard - everytime the ball come over you expected James to miss it and punch one of the oppo players! - or catch it then drop it - was like he was scared or somethin lol

Reina has a good record and is a good keeper - probably the best since Brucey - but not quite as reliable as Peter Cech no!

Yeah i know, i must admit, we do well at the start of the season, but then like mid-way through the season, something goes wrong and we end up in like 4th. Ahh i dont think we have to worry about Man U, i mean did you see how well we played against them, some of the best football ive ever seen from liverpool against Man U!

To be honest, with the squad that Rafa puts out at the moment, im not really seeing much need for torres to be played with the results that have been coming our way, granted they where against poor teams, but still i mean we are doing well. Personally i think steven gerrard is becoming a little off form. I mean, what was with his first attempt against Newcastle, he should of just popped it in, but no, he used the wrong foot and the keeper got it. Ahh well, im sure once he's done with court, he will be back on form hahaha

thats if they let him out lol!

Weve often played well against Man U in previous years - have played them off the park sometimes - and got nothing - the thing is they have less of a problem beating the bottom table clubs - where as we have had too many home draws!

Luckily Chelsea keep drawing too - which is why we are still top I guess! - will have to see how it goes - I know Keane has actually scored a few now but when Torres is back it will be a lot better!

I don't know, there is this charm about Liverpool FC that I don't really see in other EPL clubs. Let us say that it is kind of magical.

pool is ok, BUT the magic is from Upton Park, sigpic365_1.gif

the season is half over, and I hate to say it BUT I believe ManUre or Chelski will play their best football in the second half.

I dont like west ham at all....but i will admit there playin some sexy football at the moment,and i prefer them to score than ..than...i cant bring myself to even say the name of that devil of a team..man u..argghh...and aresnal...lol

as for keane...yeh he`s scored but i dont see him around for long,there gonna be a few newcastle players for transfer when they go down...lets get the old owen back...only coz he`s a cutie..lol

xx v xx

pool is ok, BUT the magic is from Upton Park,

the season is half over, and I hate to say it BUT I believe ManUre or Chelski will play their best football in the second half.

You managed a 0-0 draw with us - so will give you that - it was points dropped for us thou IMO :)

Zola has done alright so far surprisingly - I didnt give him a hope - you even drew with Chelsea!!

Doesnt the team top at Xmas usually win it or something :biggrin: - well am not gonna temp fate but Liverpool stand a very good chance this year - theres not a Team in the Prem we cant beat - and play off the park!

I dont like west ham at all....but i will admit there playin some sexy football at the moment,and i prefer them to score than ..than...i cant bring myself to even say the name of that devil of a team..man u..argghh...and aresnal...lol

as for keane...yeh he`s scored but i dont see him around for long,there gonna be a few newcastle players for transfer when they go down...lets get the old owen back...only coz he`s a cutie..lol

xx v xx

Yeah will be surprised if Keane sticks around tbh - as for Owen difficult - hes still a great player if put into the right system! - we gave him away for free though so maybe wont want to pay to much for him - unless all the Girl LFC fans want him back so much it can be paid for in selling merchandise lol

still good job they dont have female managers if they would pick blokes based on looks doh!! - still saying that look how well Beckham has done!

Keane isn't the player he used to be, Owen will never be as good as he could have been before the injuries, like Deano(Ashton) for us,he is going to be sorta fragile now.

Zola wants to bring Euro football to Upton park, and to be honest we don't have the speed, or the talent to play that type of football. West Ham play best with 4-4-2 football, and alot of working the ball around. Robert Green has been our saving grace this season,Lucas Neill has played fair, but the glory days are not here now, BUT our front players have been non exsistant.

pool got YOSSI BENAYOUN and I really hated to see him leave us, STEVEN GERRARD is a special player and I must say I enjoy watching him play, I heard rumors that yall could be selling FERNANDO TORRES, if that is true he will end up at ManUure or even Chelski, the Gunners might even place a bid for him.

pool is ok, BUT the magic is from Upton Park, sigpic365_1.gif

Just outta curiosity, what kind of football song is "Forever Blowing Bubbles" hahaha Nahh the magic is PURELY from ANFIELD!