Sign in to follow this  
scouserlad13

Football (soccer to Americans) supporters topic

as for keane...yeh he`s scored but i dont see him around for long

xx v xx

Hmm, i dont know about Keane, i think he's good, but he just hasnt got enough confidence, i mean, he needs to start playing full matches insted of being brought off like half way through the second half. He just needs a chance to show what he's capeable of, and he has show that with torres being away. He is capeable of scoring the goals.

Ok i got a new question, how do you rate El Zhar? Personally i think he's crap, i mean he cant play to save his life. He cant get it past any of the other defenders.

Ok i got a new question, how do you rate El Zhar? Personally i think he's crap, i mean he cant play to save his life. He cant get it past any of the other defenders.

haha - is he the new Mark Walters - or the new Bruno Cheyrou?? he may just be lacking in confidence but rafa often gets the best he can out of players - as an example - ok Djimi Traore was still pants after rafa came along - but he had still improved about 100% on what he was :)

Keane isn't the player he used to be, Owen will never be as good as he could have been before the injuries, like Deano(Ashton) for us,he is going to be sorta fragile now.

Zola wants to bring Euro football to Upton park, and to be honest we don't have the speed, or the talent to play that type of football. West Ham play best with 4-4-2 football, and alot of working the ball around. Robert Green has been our saving grace this season,Lucas Neill has played fair, but the glory days are not here now, BUT our front players have been non exsistant.

pool got YOSSI BENAYOUN and I really hated to see him leave us, STEVEN GERRARD is a special player and I must say I enjoy watching him play, I heard rumors that yall could be selling FERNANDO TORRES, if that is true he will end up at ManUure or even Chelski, the Gunners might even place a bid for him.

As I say I cant see Torres leaving us now - not partly due to the Spanish set up there.

Yossi - not a bad player but a bit lightweight sometimes IMO for us.

Be interesting to see who Zola brings in then - anymore dodgy Argentinian deals going down this year?? lol (aka Tevez/Mascherano!)

Rob Green was good at Norwich although his made a few howlers - good keeper though!! - wonder if Newcastle try for him if Given leaves!

Just outta curiosity, what kind of football song is "Forever Blowing Bubbles" hahaha Nahh the magic is PURELY from ANFIELD!

Written by Michael Jackson wasnt it :rofl:

Flippin Preston NE away tommorow - and Gerrards playin so a 1-1 draw may be on the cards :)

i love heskey...he was great for liverpool...but then i miss the old owen.

King Kenny dalglish

rush

steve g

carrah

fowler

all liverpool greats...

Oh man, do I feel old.

Thats mainly because when I think of Liverpool, The first names that comes to my mind are

Kevin Keegan.

Steve Heighway.

John Toshack.

Emlyn Hughes. (RIP)

You'll NEVER walk alone!!!!

Not Liverpool related, but just been watching the first half of the Spurs-Wigan FA Cup tie. 0-0. Let's hope the second half gets a lot better!! So far, just about the most compelling event of the game.......... a ball in the groin!

Fortunately it did get better. 3-1 Spurs!

Edited by Hinchinbrooke

Be interesting to see who Zola brings in then - anymore dodgy Argentinian deals going down this year?? lol (aka Tevez/Mascherano!)

Mascherano, DODGY? what the hell, he's an amazing player for liverpool, i mean he's got pace and skill. Tevez on the other hand, i hate him, he reminds me of this....

CarlosTevez.jpgcaveman.jpg

Mascherano, DODGY? what the hell, he's an amazing player for liverpool, i mean he's got pace and skill. Tevez on the other hand, i hate him, he reminds me of this....

Ha - nice pic! - well the actual deals seemed dodgy not the players - dont you remember all the fuss when masch went to Liverpool!!

Not Liverpool related, but just been watching the first half of the Spurs-Wigan FA Cup tie. 0-0. Let's hope the second half gets a lot better!! So far, just about the most compelling event of the game.......... a ball in the groin!

Fortunately it did get better. 3-1 Spurs!

A rare case of changing your manager and actually getting results! although what do you think of Harry R?? I have him pinned down for mid table only!

Yeah, i think Harry R is alright, he does a good job, better than his pre-deccessor. Haha, who thinks blackburn are going to do better not that Paul Ince has gone???

A rare case of changing your manager and actually getting results! although what do you think of Harry R?? I have him pinned down for mid table only!

Well, he's not a miracle worker (the first month's story), but mid table is better than relegation, which seemed all but inevitable under Ramos. I'm hoping Kinnear can keep Newcastle up as well.

haha - yep I suppose mid table is alright in that case! - Spurs had high hopes at the start of the season too - selling Keane and Burbatov though?!

If Kinnear can keep Shay Given then he might stand a chance! - they were truly useless against us thou so they need more than a miracle at the mo.

Yeah, i think Harry R is alright, he does a good job, better than his pre-deccessor. Haha, who thinks blackburn are going to do better not that Paul Ince has gone???

Well MK Dons are doing alright without Incey - they even have Luke Chadwick there if you remember him lol

As for Blackburn I think they were too open with Ince there - 2 draws and a win in the last 3 with sam there now - they needed to sort out the defence - thou no gurantees they will stay up tbh!

1:0 for the Reds right now (watching it...)!

btw: Is Liverpool transforming into a spanish team???

btw: Is Liverpool transforming into a spanish team???

You would think so wouldnt you haha. Nahh, it happens with every foregn manager, the get a bunch of footballers from there own country. Take Arsenal for example. Just so long as we have got scousers in the team, im all good with who we get haha.

Believe me, YOU'LL NEVER WALK ALONE.

yeah, that's my fav english team...

damn! do you guys have a coke league?

lol :haha:

For a while there, especially after their disallowed goal, I thought Preston NE might draw things. Nice goal by Torres at the end though. Felt sorry for the goalie having to confront both him and Gerrard at the same moment.

For a while there, especially after their disallowed goal, I thought Preston NE might draw things. Nice goal by Torres at the end though. Felt sorry for the goalie having to confront both him and Gerrard at the same moment.

I was actually laughing when they were both through against the keeper - still lol

Yeah typical - Preston should have been buried by Half time - nice to see Torres back thou - and flippin Alonso gets injured again !!!

That Brazilian Lucas still hasnt convinced me in Midfield yet!

Did you see Riera's Goal, talk about skill!

I do rate him - and to score like that against that level of oppo still isnt easy!

Still someone had to score - Keane and Gerrard missed loads of good chances - and Agger missing that free header !!

Soton didn't do much against ManU. 0-3 and pretty much all one way. I don't see them lasting in the Championship. By the end it was just a training session for Rooney and friends.

That Brazilian Lucas still hasnt convinced me in Midfield yet!

I think he's ok, i mean he's started to become a bit more tough now, i mean when he first came he was always getting knocked off the ball, but now he's getting stuck in. He's getting there

Ok, time for the weekly update, sorry its a bit late, ive had friends over for the past few days.

Insted of posting the links to a single table, i thought i would just post the link to all the tables.

Tables: http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/tables/default.stm

Results:

Sunday, 11 January 2009

Barclays Premier League

Man Utd 3-0 Chelsea

Wigan 1-0 Tottenham

Saturday, 10 January 2009

Barclays Premier League

Arsenal 1-0 Bolton

Aston Villa 2-1 West Brom

Everton 2-0 Hull

Middlesbrough 1-1 Sunderland

Newcastle 2-2 West Ham

Stoke 0-0 Liverpool

The Coca-Cola Football League Championship

Barnsley 0-1 Southampton

Burnley 0-2 Swansea

Charlton 0-2 Nottm Forest

Ipswich 1-1 Sheff Wed

QPR 1-1 Coventry

Sheff Utd 1-0 Norwich

Wolverhampton 1-3 Preston

Coca-Cola Football League One

Leeds United 0-2 Carlisle

Leicester 3-0 Leyton Orient

Northampton 1-1 Huddersfield

Coca-Cola Football League Two

Bury 1-0 Barnet

Lincoln City 2-2 Brentford

Notts County 2-1 Exeter

Friday, 9 January 2009

The Coca-Cola Football League Championship

Reading 4-0 Watford

Wednesday, 7 January 2009

Carling Cup

Derby 1-0 Man Utd

Tuesday, 6 January 2009

Carling Cup

Tottenham 4-1 Burnley

News:

France striker Karim Benzema, a reported target of Manchester United, Real Madrid and Barcelona, has said his future at Lyon depends on the club's performance in the Champions League last 16 against Barcelona. (1029GMT, Press Association)

Bolton manager Gary Megson claimed he has ended his interest in Joey Barton after the club had a £2m bid rejected for the Newcastle midfielder. (0915GMT, Press Association)

Zenit St Petersburg forward Andrei Arshavin will sign for Arsenal in the January transfer window, despite the Russian club turning down a £10m bid. (The Sun)

Wigan striker Emile Heskey has agreed a pre-contract deal to join former club Liverpool as a free agent in the summer. (Daily Mail)

Manchester City are closing in on a £12m deal to sign West Ham striker Craig Bellamy. (Independent)

Portsmouth will offer Manchester City £6m for striker Benjani, who they sold to the Eastlands club, and midfielder Michael Johnson. (The Sun)

Portsmouth manager Tony Adams could also offer Newcastle midfielder Joey Barton a chance to get his career back on track by taking him to Fratton Park. (Daily Star)

Portsmouth are also interested in signing Real Madrid forward Javier Saviola in a bid to fill the gap left by the departure of Jermain Defoe. (Daily Mirror)

But the latest player to be heading out of Portsmouth could be defender Herman Hreidarsson, with Reading thought to be his preferred destination. (Various)

Sunderland striker Kenwyne Jones is a target for Aston Villa but manager Martin O'Neill will have to pay £12m for the Trinidad and Tobago international. (Daily Mirror)

Newcastle are giving a trial to Danish winger Peter Lovenkrands - the former Rangers man is a free agent after his release by Schalke. (The Sun)

The Magpies are also interested in taking Manchester City's Brazilian striker Jo on loan until the end of the season at St James' Park. (Daily Mail)

Tottenham midfielder Jermaine Jenas could be on his way out of White Hart Lane after he was stripped of his role as vice-captain by manager Harry Redknapp. (Daily Mirror)

Redknapp has received an offer for goalkeeper Heurelho Gomes but has rejected it as he wants to keep the goalkeeper in light of his improved form. (Independent)

Everton and Fulham are checking on £2m-rated Norway winger Trond Olsen, who plays for Bodo Glimt. (Daily Mail)

Benfica defender Marco Zoro joined up with Blackburn on Sunday to start a trial with the Ewood Park outfit. (Various)

Manchester City boss Mark Hughes wants to sign Chelsea's second-choice goalkeeper Carlo Cudicini for £3m. (Various)

Birmingham manager Alex McLeish has lined up a £1m bid for Doncaster defender Matthew Mills. (Daily Mirror)

Stoke are setting a deadline of Monday for striker James Beattie to complete his £3m move from Sheffield United. (Daily Mirror)

Fulham have entered the race to sign Watford midfielder John-Joe O'Toole, who has scored eight goals this season. (Times)

Liverpool manager Rafael Benitez has continued his tirade against Manchester United by questioning David Gill's dual role as United chief executive and a key player at the Football Association. (Various)

Tottenham manager Harry Redknapp blasted his players after their 1-0 defeat at Wigan, claiming he needs "more men" to help Spurs avoid relegation. (Various)

Former QPR, Plymouth and Leicester boss Ian Holloway is in the frame to make his return to management with Walsall, who sacked Jimmy Mullen on Saturday. (Daily Mirror)

But John Ward, dismissed by Carlisle in September, is also understood to be in the running to take over at the Bescot Stadium. (Daily Mail)

Rangers assistant manager Ally McCoist claims he would walk away if he felt the Ibrox club were handing the title to Celtic by selling some of their top players. (Daily Mirror)

With Andy Anson taking over on Monday as the head of England's bid to stage the 2018 World Cup, Spain and Portugal are planning to pip the English Football Association with an attractive joint bid. (Daily Mirror)

Fulham are considering installing undersoil heating at Craven Cottage after their postponed Premier League match against Blackburn on Saturday cost them £100,000. (Daily Express)

The Cottagers and Portsmouth, who were due to face Manchester City, may face sanctions from the Premier League if it is found they did not take sufficient action to prevent the postponement of their games. (Various) Agent Willie McKay says Rangers did ask him to seek potential buyers for a number of the Ibrox squad despite claims to the contrary from chairman Sir David Murray. (Daily Record)

Thats all for this week, i will update again on Sunday. Have a good week all.