Sign in to follow this  
mosherec

Mirage Factory Weapons Pak Problem With WOV & WOE

I have a fresh install of WOV and WOE. I have the latest patches, WOV_Update_Oct2008b & WOE_Update_Oct2008b on them respectively. I have installed the latest Weapon Editor from Third Wire for the, weaponeditor_022008. This is all done over clean installs. Then I have downloaded a dozen or so add on aircraft from column five. All is set up and working fine.

Now comes the problem. I decided to go ahead and download the Mirage Factory Weapons Pack for WOV/WOE, the one dated 01-02-08. Works fine except when I fly US Navy F-4 Phantoms I get USAF two tone green and gray 370 wing tanks on them instead of the solid gray ones they should have.

Anybody else seen this? If so how do I fix it? These are stock Phantoms so I don't know how to edit their data.ini. to make them use a different tank.

Please help.

I have a fresh install of WOV and WOE. I have the latest patches, WOV_Update_Oct2008b & WOE_Update_Oct2008b on them respectively. I have installed the latest Weapon Editor from Third Wire for the, weaponeditor_022008. This is all done over clean installs. Then I have downloaded a dozen or so add on aircraft from column five. All is set up and working fine.

Now comes the problem. I decided to go ahead and download the Mirage Factory Weapons Pack for WOV/WOE, the one dated 01-02-08. Works fine except when I fly US Navy F-4 Phantoms I get USAF two tone green and gray 370 wing tanks on them instead of the solid gray ones they should have.

Anybody else seen this? If so how do I fix it? These are stock Phantoms so I don't know how to edit their data.ini. to make them use a different tank.

Please help.

I would use the new community weap pack, no hassle all the needed good stuff!

I would use the new community weap pack, no hassle all the needed good stuff!

Does that one have the updated tanks and aim-54c phoenix for the tomcat that are found in the Mirage Factory pak? These are the main reason I use the MF pak.

Also how do I get rid of the MF pak and use the new community pak without starting all over?

Hmmm .... didn't know TMF had released their WoV/WoE pak yet...

Are you talking about this one, perhaps?

http://forum.combatace.com/index.php?autoc...p;showfile=7362

You might notice it's for WoI ONLY...that might explain the missing bits for WoV/WoE. It's what might be called a "theatre & era specific wep pak"

Wrench

kevin stein

Please help.

MF pak is not for WOE or WOV

There is a WoE/WoV MF weapon pack, actually there's TWO lol. One is dated Oct2007, other Feb2008. I use Feb2008 as a base, just runned it all through new WepEditor and adding weapons as I go along ;-)

I went and check the WoV/WoE set (Feb2008), turns out that there is no completely grey 370 wing tank in the pack.

Hmmm .... didn't know TMF had released their WoV/WoE pak yet...

Are you talking about this one, perhaps?

http://forum.combatace.com/index.php?autoc...p;showfile=7362

You might notice it's for WoI ONLY...that might explain the missing bits for WoV/WoE. It's what might be called a "theatre & era specific wep pak"

Wrench

kevin stein

Hello,

No, this patch I am using is not new. It is the MF pak dated early 2008 for SFP1/WOV/WOE. I had been using it with WOV and WOE prior to the latest Third Wire updates for WOV & WOE. Even then it would cause navy F-4 Phantoms to load AF 370 Gal two tone green and gray wing tanks. Never could figure out why. It remains a problem with the newest patches from Third Wire.

Hello,

No, this patch I am using is not new. It is the MF pak dated early 2008 for SFP1/WOV/WOE. I had been using it with WOV and WOE prior to the latest Third Wire updates for WOV & WOE. Even then it would cause navy F-4 Phantoms to load AF 370 Gal two tone green and gray wing tanks. Never could figure out why. It remains a problem with the newest patches from Third Wire.

Forgot to mention that that MF pak is available here in this site in the downloads section. Here is the link

http://forum.combatace.com/index.php?autoc...um=10&st=10

I went and check the WoV/WoE set (Feb2008), turns out that there is no completely grey 370 wing tank in the pack.

In fact there is but they are way down near the bottom of the list. The green and gray one is called Tank_F4_370 and the all gray one is called Tank_F4_370_cr12.

What I don't see is a .LOD by the same name for either.

Anyway if anyone has a fix to get the gray tanks back on the Navy Phantoms as in the stock version of the game it would be greatly appreciated. In the mean time I will keep working on it. If I cannot figure it out I suppose I can live with the Air Force tanks on my Navy Phantoms. :dntknw:

Does that one have the updated tanks and aim-54c phoenix for the tomcat that are found in the Mirage Factory pak? These are the main reason I use the MF pak.

Also how do I get rid of the MF pak and use the new community pak without starting all over?

FYI, I checked out this new community weapons pak. It does not appear to have the updated aim54a & c images from the Mirage Factory weapons pak (FEB 2008). It also does not have the updated drop tanks either. Looks like all of the Tomcat stuff is the original Tomcat hardware provided with the first MF Tomcat.

Please help.

Update for anyone interested.

I figured out that I could replace the original AIM-54a Bitmap Image in the weapons folder with the Mirage Factory PAK (FEB 2008) AIM-54a Bitmap Image. (This is after I replaced the entire WOE program file with the one I backed up prior to adding the MF pak. Saved the MF pak weapon folder to my docs so I would have its files available to pate into WOE weapon folder.) Then used the editor to make sure it was directing use of the correct image. Since they both had the same name this worked flawlessly. So now I have AIM54 Phoenix with the MF AIM-54a skin.

Consequently it applies the same skin to the AIM-54c. So I decided to try pasting the MF AIM-54c Bitmap Image in the weapon folder to and have the weapon editor direct the game to use that image for the AIM-54c. THIS DID NOT WORK! :skull:

The result was invisible AIM-54 missiles on the aircraft. Not sure why this is. So I deleted that Bitmap and set it back to using the AIM-54a Bitmap.

The good news is I have better looking skins for my AIM-54 missiles now without having to sacrifice my US Navy F-4 Phantom wing tanks to the Air Force ones. :rolleyes:

Next I will try to see if the same procedure will work for the Tomact drop tanks. :spiteful:

MAY THE FORCE BE WITH ME! :starwars:

Edited by mosherec

In fact there is but they are way down near the bottom of the list. The green and gray one is called Tank_F4_370 and the all gray one is called Tank_F4_370_cr12.

What I don't see is a .LOD by the same name for either.

Anyway if anyone has a fix to get the gray tanks back on the Navy Phantoms as in the stock version of the game it would be greatly appreciated. In the mean time I will keep working on it. If I cannot figure it out I suppose I can live with the Air Force tanks on my Navy Phantoms. :dntknw:

The other fuel tank is for the Spanish RF-4C.

As for the Phoenixes, model conflict.