Sign in to follow this  

I know that there is a problem with canopy animations post October patch and I know that the solution is to either bind it to an animation key or so flip the variables. Can anyone tell me the specific lines that I need to change?

This is great but My issue is with the mirage F1.C and the T-45. They aren't included in the mod.

In some aircraft, the canopy is set as a "highlift device" and opens below a set airspeed. In others, the model's FM creator may have not included an opening canopy in the data.ini, and one must find the proper node by perusing the model's .lod file, using a suitable hex-editor. And, in some cases, one's simply SOL, as the model may not have an opening canopy.

Well I'm sure it does. Why would the designer make a model with a static open canopy? Isn't there some line in the data.ini that controls the animation? I remember hearing that after the patch some of the high light canopies got reversed and they open in flight and close at landing.

I was pointed to a relevant thread and got the problem taken care of. Thanks for being patient with me.

rather than opening a new thread I thought I'd post this here as its really got me stumped.

I've been working on the AI hunters making them flyable in WOI and have used the data.ini that STORM provided, if I use the ini in the link then the canopy functions however if I copy and paste the relevent code into my in progress ini it nolonger works.

Exibit A the downloaded ini:

CanopyNodeName=Canopy_Rear

CanopyAnimationID=10

HasArmor=FALSE

[Canopy]

SystemType=ANIMATION

InputName=ANIMATION_1

DeploymentMethod=MANUAL

AnimationTime=6.0

AnimationID=10

Exibit B my entry:

CanopyNodeName=Canopy_Rear

CanopyAnimationID=10

HasArmor=FALSE

[Canopy]

SystemType=ANIMATION

InputName=ANIMATION_1

DeploymentMethod=MANUAL

AnimationTime=6.0

AnimationID=10

how can one work and the other not if theyre identical?

Craig

I'll bet that you don't have a system entry for the canopy under its parent model node, whereas the data.ini that you downloaded, does.

Well I'm sure it does. Why would the designer make a model with a static open canopy? Isn't there some line in the data.ini that controls the animation? I remember hearing that after the patch some of the high light canopies got reversed and they open in flight and close at landing.

Did you in any way say that the canopy was open, in your original post? You simply asked which lines to change, without detailing the whys and the hows. There are over 500 add-on models. Not all of them have opening canopies. My reply was based on the the question that you asked.

give that man a cigar

knew I'd be missing something obvious, was just about pulling my hair out :drinks:

thanks

Craig

Did you in any way say that the canopy was open, in your original post? You simply asked which lines to change, without detailing the whys and the hows. There are over 500 add-on models. Not all of them have opening canopies. My reply was based on the the question that you asked.

Sorry I thought that was evident. I wouldn't have asked about models that aren't animated.

I was pointed to a relevant thread and got the problem taken care of. Thanks for being patient with me.

Would you please point me to that thread so that I can resolve this in mt installation? Thanks.