More work...

post-5735-12601499800416.jpg

• Like 1

Not really, the model itself is only 4,228 polys, and is roughly what lindr2 produces, so it's not like it's a 20k poly bomb! :smile:

Besides if I'm right in thinking that weapon models can have their own levels of detail, I can help the issue out by editing it for a couple LODs.

Edited by EricJ

The GBU-32 was planned to be released with the F-15SE...but I could pass it along to KillerBee since he's working on a SF2 weps pack.

In either case, none of my weapon models would be nearly as detailed.

FC

Hey FC any Pic ? :yikes:

Hey FC any Pic ? :yikes:

check the "Eagles Gone Wild" topic, there's one or two shots where it appears..

I agree Blackbird :good:

Well I managed to squeeze three LODs out of the model, so that should hopefully help out the FPS issue. I would like to release this as new weapons but maybe with 331Killerbee's pack it'd get out more, but I'll think on it while I work on the Inert version and touch up on the live version:

post-5735-12602446508855.jpg

post-5735-12602446593469.jpg

post-5735-12602446682275.jpg

damn this has more details then some birds!!! looks great a bit afraid of the FPS impact

A bomb would no where have near the polys a plane would. Unless you have a really really really weak system, a bomb is not going to kill any FPS. Even some of the extrememly detailed weps Buny did years ago had almost no FPS impact. 4228 polys is not a alot in the grand scheme of things.

EricJ,

I got a Copy passed to Me and will be included in the Wpns Pack. I still have some issues to resolve with the Pack. But testing the GBU-38/B's, I was getting a good Framerate with no stutters or anything. My Drop Platform was the F/A-18F. Everything worked and preformed real well.

331KillerBee

Until now I had only some FPS probs with Ravenclaws rocketpod UB16 and UB32, they are very detailed.

Really? What are your system specs?

Strange, As .LOD's go, They are nothing close to what an Aircraft or Ground Object are.

Strange, As .LOD's go, They are nothing close to what an Aircraft or Ground Object are.

Maybe just one, but when you've got a whole flight of them, it adds up right?

Durning testing. The F/A-18F had 4 loaded up. Dropped 4 at 100ms Interval. No Problem. I'll close up the gap to 60 or 40ms and see what happens. But if I don't have any Problems there......I'll test with a B-1 or B-52. If I don't get a hit durning that.......I don't know what to tell Ya'.....

331KillerBee

Can`t wait to test your pack, that`s sure. We reaching now 2010 and it`s time for another new generation of rigs .. so keep up your work :drinks:

This is a port from a LOMAC skin I did a couple years back, Domna AB CO's bird, time unknown (have to dig out my books and find the specific reference), just have to add a couple things and she'll be good to go.

post-5735-12605407185794.jpg

post-5735-12605407336956.jpg

post-5735-12605407478588.jpg

Final touches... will upload later on today.

post-5735-12605482147471.jpg

Uh, could you post beta rafale(you know, WIP version)? Because maybe I could edit rafale b ini and get it in game.

Talk to JAT81500, he's working on it as I sent him a model.

rusty_hawk hooked me up with a GBU-12 model on the cheap, so it's mapped, and works, just needs the animated fins... any help? Texture is much WIP as once I get it set to where it looks like it should, I'll finish it up. For some reason rusty_hawk is having problems with weapon animation (max bug) and can't properly get it working, but I do have the original map and model (3dsmax09) handy.

post-5735-12639420891076.jpg

post-5735-12639420982725.jpg

Edited by EricJ