Sign in to follow this  

i am not very experienced with modeling for games,thats why i ask help.

i know how to mod and i already have 1 year experience with modeling.

the knowledge base is not helpfull and im kinda stuck.i make the f15 tactical model for taro8,its really working out,but im stuck at animating and linking.people say the gear,evelator etc. need to be 10 frames long,my animation is 100 frames long and they are all at the same time.im not sure if i do it right.

about linking,when i link animated objects to the base,they move really weird and they are out of shape.

what is wrong?

thanks

BTW sorry for bad english

Edited by lol90

i am not very experienced with modeling for games,thats why i ask help.

i know how to mod and i already have 1 year experience with modeling.

the knowledge base is not helpfull and im kinda stuck.i make the f15 tactical model for taro8,its really working out,but im stuck at animating and linking.people say the gear,evelator etc. need to be 10 frames long,my animation is 100 frames long and they are all at the same time.im not sure if i do it right.

about linking,when i link animated objects to the base,they move really weird and they are out of shape.

what is wrong?

thanks

BTW sorry for bad english

Frame 0 is the aircraft as in normal flight, animation 1 goes from frame 1 to frame 10 , animation 2 from 11 to 20, .... and so on till animation 10 from 91 to 100 --> 10 animation available.

For the wrong animation you need to check pivots alignment and mesh hierarchy.

Frame 0 is the aircraft as in normal flight, animation 1 goes from frame 1 to frame 10 , animation 2 from 11 to 20, .... and so on till animation 10 from 91 to 100 --> 10 animation available.

For the wrong animation you need to check pivots alignment and mesh hierarchy.

allright thanks

but what if you have more than 10 objects to animate?

+the elevator can go up and down,must that go in one animation or 2?

Elevators, ailerons and rudders etc. all animate automatically in the game. Just make sure the mesh name matches the control surface data in the data.ini and that pivot points are in the right place.

Elevators, ailerons and rudders etc. all animate automatically in the game. Just make sure the mesh name matches the control surface data in the data.ini and that pivot points are in the right place.

ok thanks

how about landing gear;up and down,1 or 2 animations?

and gear doors,does the game calculate the timing?because you dont want to see a door going trough a landing gear

Edited by lol90

how about landing gear;up and down,1 or 2 animations?

and gear doors,does the game calculate the timing?because you dont want to see a door going trough a landing gear

Gear doors are part of the gear animation so YOU have to calculate the timinng. An animation have a max of 10 frame but you can start from frame 2 or 3 or 4 ... and end the animation before the 10th frame. Gear needs only 1 animation for gear down and the game use it for the retraction too (reversed of course) ... for the suspensions i use 3 separate animations , one for each wheel. Suspensions can be animated by data.ini if your landing gear have a linear movement only. 3DS Max animations should be used only for complex movements ... simple rotation OR linear movements can be performed by data.ini (ailerons, rudder, elevators, canopy, brakes, steerable wheels...).

tell me ur email address and I can send u an old model to see how to animate and link stuff..

what version of max u using tho ?

Edited by russouk2004