Sign in to follow this  
mppd

USAF F-4 Tailcodes Version 2

USAF F-4 Tailcodes Version 2

This is a complete overhaul to the USAF Southeast Asia Phantom II tailcode decals I did some time ago. It is now working for the post October patch for WOV as well as the original install versions. It depicts every USAF camouflaged F-4C/D/E Phantom II unit which flew in Southeast Asia from late 1966 until 1975 (a total of 66 schemes).

All new decal art is provided, and many minor corrections were made as new information came to light. The textures are still 1024 pixel but should be considered as a placeholder until my newer higher resolution camo textures are finished. The original random F-4 serial numbers are included if you don't already have them. The new squadronlist.ini has many additional entries, but the default entry designations are unchanged so that you may still fly any missions or campaigns without any editing (although I have revised the descriptions).

As before, it adds correct fin tip colors to the vertical fin tips and RHAW antenna housing, and wingtip tape light decals as appropriate for the time periods. Also included is a nose landing gear door decal with the last three digits of the serial number - which is repeated on the inside of the nose gear side fairing door (for F-4Ds only for non-TAC serials 000 thru 039). Although not appearing on every PACAF F-4D, this was very common on many F-4Ds in Southeast Asia. I have presented the most typical (and sometimes more colorful) markings for units - and in some cases even uncoded aircraft (as was typical at Udorn from late 1972 through 1973).

Note that many squadrons have multiple entries in the squadron pull-down list, depending upon how many schemes a unit used. (Many squadrons have five or more entries).

Enjoy,

Mike Druzolowski

I've got the Original.......And this is even better. Many Thanx! Just outstanding work! :good:

SEMPER FI!

331KillerBee

Thanks -

The F-4E decals.ini is set up for the F-4E-35 with my long gun mod, but the sharkmouth decals supplied are for the short gun. I submitted a small fix for both versions, which has not been approved yet. Sorry - thought I caught everything.

Mike

Nice! I've been waiting for an update to these lovely decals.

Never the less Mike, still outstanding work. I like Historical Mods.

331KB

Many thanks Mike,

now it's nicely compiled and better than ever. I always felt i missed something when i upgraded WoV oct08 and repalied the earlier mod.

Again Thank you.

Just found some new info - on Youtube no less. 1974 markings at Udorn - small 432nd TRW insignia on fin tip colors. Also 1974 pics of "JJ" coded 34th TFS F-4Ds showed some with a 388th TFW insignia on intakes. This will be a constant work in-progress as new info pops up.

Thanks again,

Mike

There are several little problems with this package - the post patch F-4 3D model moved some things around a bit, so the old textures don't quite match (outboard pylons for starters), plus the canopy rail art is not that great a fit. The new post-patch F-4 inboard pylons also have the later era chaff dispenser pods attached.

I have several fixes in the works, including new permanent tapelight objects, new and more detailed pylons/sidewinder rails, plus TISEO and the built-in under intake strike cameras the 1972 Rivet Haste birds had at Udorn. Plus new higher-res textures. Would like to backdate the superb Mirage Factory RF-4C also to a pre-tapelight version and add textures to match my other F-4s. Plus new markings info as I mentioned.

Please bear with me as I get all these done, and I'll reissue something better for everyone for a pretty good representation of Vietnam-era F-4s soon. Thanks for everyone's patience.

Mike D.