Sign in to follow this  
MAKO69

BSG

Seeing as this is only the 4th (and final) season are you referring to the 1st season or the miniseries? I've got the whole thing on DVD but the ones airing now and I've got no idea what you're talking about.

I guess so thats when I started watching it, it was 2003 when the miniseries started, because I wasn't moved in to my house yet. So the miniseries for me would be season 1. All the seasons are short and spread out anyway.

You dissect too much, I swear you type to just to see your own comments some time. "I have no idea what your talking about" the show sucked when they went on the holy crusades when the fleet split some stayed w/Adama the other half went with Roslin. Do you have an Idea what I am talking about now. Re-watch them. The season when they were on New Caprica and would flash back to Caprica Sucked too. Its was like the wrighters had a great short story then when the show took off because it got popular they lost steam. Not all the episodes sucked, just most in that middle B.S. now it is starting to get better and they are going to pull the plug. Done.

Edited by MAKO69

If you call the split between Adama and Roslin a "holy crusade" you have a strange definition of the term. That was early 2nd season I think. The New Caprica eps and the later eps with the flashbacks were season 3. Other than the first season of 13 eps, all the others have been 20.

So it sounds like you haven't liked it since the end of the 1st season, yet you continued watching it for the 40 eps of the next 2 seasons?

I honestly don't understand people most of the time. There's like 2-3 good shows on TV at any one time (the rest are total crap) and BSG is one of them. If you haven't liked BSG since S2 I guess you just don't watch any TV.

If I see one more person complain about how BSG is "too soapy" (because they focus on the characters? This is a bad thing??) or "too complicated" (the people who claim they want intelligent entertainment then disprove it by liking the crud) or has "not enough space battles" (which are very expensive to do and they can't do more then a few each season), I'm going to scream.

Sure there were weak episodes, every series has them. On average however they're quite good and they have several every season that are just excellent.

They're ending it now because after the way season 3 ended it became apparent to them the story was ending. They're only as good as they are because they're wrapping up everything in this final year. If they stretched it into 40 eps instead of 20 people would probably complain even more about weak eps again.

BSG is a serial with a beginning, middle, and end. It's not a "planet of the week" show like Star Trek was or Stargate often was. It's telling one large story like Babylon 5 did. That's the story of the search for Earth and relationship between the humans and Cylons. It hasn't stumbled at all compared to shows like Heroes!

If you call the split between Adama and Roslin a "holy crusade" you have a strange definition of the term. That was early 2nd season I think. The New Caprica eps and the later eps with the flashbacks were season 3. Other than the first season of 13 eps, all the others have been 20.

So it sounds like you haven't liked it since the end of the 1st season, yet you continued watching it for the 40 eps of the next 2 seasons?

I honestly don't understand people most of the time. There's like 2-3 good shows on TV at any one time (the rest are total crap) and BSG is one of them. If you haven't liked BSG since S2 I guess you just don't watch any TV.

If I see one more person complain about how BSG is "too soapy" (because they focus on the characters? This is a bad thing??) or "too complicated" (the people who claim they want intelligent entertainment then disprove it by liking the crud) or has "not enough space battles" (which are very expensive to do and they can't do more then a few each season), I'm going to scream.

Sure there were weak episodes, every series has them. On average however they're quite good and they have several every season that are just excellent.

They're ending it now because after the way season 3 ended it became apparent to them the story was ending. They're only as good as they are because they're wrapping up everything in this final year. If they stretched it into 40 eps instead of 20 people would probably complain even more about weak eps again.

BSG is a serial with a beginning, middle, and end. It's not a "planet of the week" show like Star Trek was or Stargate often was. It's telling one large story like Babylon 5 did. That's the story of the search for Earth and relationship between the humans and Cylons. It hasn't stumbled at all compared to shows like Heroes!

I rest my case.

Edited by MAKO69

Mako chill out man. Sheesh. Does every topic have to be urinary oylmpics?

Agreed. BSG is a TV show, you like it or love it, and not to make your life around it IMHO. I've thoroughly enjoyed the show. Thing is, the original series didn't have as much depth, was a Star Trek format. Sure it had development, but I think the writers in BSG really put alot of thought into alot of morality issues we face today. Sure it's based on fiction, but the added edge of the "heroes" being just as "evil" as the bad guys shows alot more depth that what makes the series alot better and more ready to watch, because sometimes there's you in there too. So if you can't look at yourself and say you haven't done evil things, then it's wrong. It's not the intent of the show yes, but again it's about depth of acting, and the storyline that drives it. And the original series never got as far as BSG has, so there's no comparison between the two past the "religious crusade". And on that note, it's not surprising in that situation that they were in, it was bound to happen. When you've been under alot of pressure people will crack, it's just human nature. Otherwise it wouldn't have been popular, and a one season wonder.

Just sassing him a little I don't think I hurt him If I did I truly am sorry.