Sign in to follow this  
Coot

Getting the F-23 pit into the F-19?

Hey there. Could someone tell me how I can get the F-23 cockpit to work in the F-19? The F-23 pit came with a cockpit folder, F-23 ini, F-23 avionics ini, and a F-23 cockpit ini. I stuck those in the F-19 folder and deleted the F-19 versions of these things. I guess I did something wrong as now the F-19 doesn't show up at all in the aircraft selection screen.

Thanks for any pointers.

Hey there. Could someone tell me how I can get the F-23 cockpit to work in the F-19? The F-23 pit came with a cockpit folder, F-23 ini, F-23 avionics ini, and a F-23 cockpit ini. I stuck those in the F-19 folder and deleted the F-19 versions of these things. I guess I did something wrong as now the F-19 doesn't show up at all in the aircraft selection screen.

Thanks for any pointers.

You had to keep the F-19.ini. in that ini you have to change the lines:

CockpitDataFile=F-19_cockpit.ini

AvionicsDataFilename=F-19_avionics.ini

to:

CockpitDataFile=F-23_cockpit.ini

AvionicsDataFilename=F-23_cockpit.ini.

The reason the aircraft didn't appeard in the aircraft section is that the name the plane's folder didn't macht the name of the plane's ini.

Edited by ronan

You'll need to download the F-19 again, then make the changes below.

Go into the F-19.ini and make edits where I've added the bold. This is using the SU-30MKK.ini but it's the same concept, as I don't have the F-19.

[AircraftData]

AircraftFullName=Su-30MKK Flanker

AircraftDataFile=SU-30Mkk_data.ini

CockpitDataFile=SU-30Mkk_cockpit.ini

HangarScreen=Su-30MKK_Hanger.bmp

LoadingScreen=Su-30MKK_loading.bmp

LoadoutImage=SU-30MKK_loadout.bmp

LoadoutFile=SU-30Mkk_loadout.ini

AvionicsDLL=Avionics70.dll

AvionicsDataFilename=SU-30Mkk_avionics.ini

Add the F-23 avionics ini and F-23 cockpit ini to the folder. Delete the F-19 versions of those. See where I've bolded up above. Make a change like this. What you enter here has to match the names of the inis.

[AircraftData]

AircraftFullName=Su-30MKK Flanker

AircraftDataFile=SU-30Mkk_data.ini

CockpitDataFile=F-23_cockpit.ini

HangarScreen=Su-30MKK_Hanger.bmp

LoadingScreen=Su-30MKK_loading.bmp

LoadoutImage=SU-30MKK_loadout.bmp

LoadoutFile=SU-30Mkk_loadout.ini

AvionicsDLL=Avionics70.dll

AvionicsDataFilename=F-23_avionics.ini

Finally, delete the current cockpit folder in the F-19 folder, and add the one from the F-23.

Thanks ronan for the help. I deleted the F-19 and reinstalled it to get the original files back in place. I kept the F-19ini and changed the lines as you said. For some reason the F-19 is not showing in the drop down list. Am I still supposed to delete those other F-19 files?(f-19cockpit.ini and f-19avionics.ini) I'm confused about the fact that there is also a F-23ini that the pit came with. Won't that conflict with the f-19ini? Thanks again.

Edited by Coot

Thanks ronan for the help. I deleted the F-19 and reinstalled it to get the original files back in place. I kept the F-19ini and changed the lines as you said. For some reason the F-19 is not showing in the drop down list. Am I still supposed to delete those other F-19 files?(f-19cockpit.ini and f-19avionics.ini) I'm confused about the fact that there is also a F-23ini that the pit came with. Won't that conflict with the f-19ini? Thanks again.

No, it won't conflic with the F-23 ini because the plane's folder is named F-19 and the game looks then for the F-19 ini and ignore's the F-23 ini.

Thank you ronan and JA 37 Viggen. Its working! Thank you both for your help. Is then necessary to even put the F-23ini that came with the pit into the F-19 folder?

I appreciate the help. The F-23 pit makes a good F-19 pit. Works well.

Nope, the F-23.ini is not needed.

on a slightly related note, i just installed the F-23 but when i go to external view the canopy is stuck open...any ideas?

on a slightly related note, i just installed the F-23 but when i go to external view the canopy is stuck open...any ideas?

Yeah, go to the F-23A_DATA.ini and scroll down to the section below [Canopy]. You can either delete that section or change it to the following to have it as an animation key:

[Canopy]

SystemType=ANIMATION

InputName=ANIMATION_1

DeploymentMethod=MANUAL

AnimationTime=3.0

AnimationID= {leave the number from the _DATA.ini here)

Dels