Sign in to follow this  
CowboyTodd41

Driving To Arizona For Thanksgivingn

Drving down I-35 past the Boeing Wichita plant and taking off right over head was the E-4, the "Doomsday Plane"! IT was so cool. Then driving through New Mexico we passed Holloman AFB and then spent 45 minutes crosscutting White Sands Missle Test Range. Ya it was rather rad. Also sometimne this week I'm going to Pima County Air Museum in Tuscon, and then the White Sands Missle museum on the way back. I'll post pictures once I get home. Anway just thought throw that out there.

I lived in Tucson 7 years as a teenager. You will LOVE the Pima Air Museum. please post some pics fer shure. It'll be nice to see the place again. Last I saw it that I remember was 1974...I think...been too long. :blink:

Used to watch the F4 Phantoms heading for Davis-Monthan AB in flights of 4 in a diamond formation mostly. This was during the last years of 'Nam. Occasionally we'd see flights of Air Force A-7's. The last year I was there in Tucson the A-10's came in. One crashed one year on the grounds of the University of Arizona.

On your way back when you past Holloman, maybe you'll get lucky and see either German F-4Fs or Tornados, or F-117s. Keep your eyes peeled. :blink:

Guest MrMudd

Germans dont bring their F4's any more. they are retireing them.

But you will possibly see the QF-4's Target test Drones

Look into the Titan Missile museum also while your there. I think when you go to the Pima, they also give you a discount to the Titan museum. Its a deactivated Titan ICBM missile silo. I first went to the Pima in about 1976. I went back a couple of years ago and WOW, has it changed! Back then it was just a bunch of aircraft that had been towed over there from D.M. and parked out in the desert sun. Now, it has several hangars with beautifully restored aircraft, nice displays, a gift shop, and a snack bar. Its a real quality museum now. I remember thinking, "hey, what the heck is an F-15 doing here? That thing is cutting edge!" Then I realized that it's getting older and so am I... Geez. Oh well, have fun! - Sledge out.

Edited by Sledge

there are only 2 E-4's in the world (only in America :D ) right?

bring some pics soon ;)

No there's 4 E-4's. I also went to AMARC at Tucson. I've got pics on the net and you guys can see them once I figure out how to link the photo-album <_<

Edited by CowboyTodd41