Sign in to follow this  
macelena

Help for a grounded comrade

Since the computer i used for SFG died before Christmas, i´ve been trying to make it run with

this one (Vista Home Premium, Patched Oct08, all requirements fit for SFG but not for SF2) but when

i try to finish the last step (Save FlightEngine.ini as modified) windows says that i can´t save it, to check

if the name of the file or the location is correct. It all seems OK, but it just doesn´t let me save it.

Imagine 3 months without flying. Not any, but this last three months :sorry:

Edited by macelena

if your install is in the program files folder you will get that error message. Try installing it to the root c: drive, i had the same problem and doing that fixed it. i believe it has something to do with Vista's security settings. I hope this helps.

I tried so warlord, but asks me to get admin permission (I´m the admin) and tells me to guard

it in Documents, where it doesn´t work. How can i grant this move?

EDIT: You mean save the INI. or the whole install?

Edited by macelena

I tried so warlord, but asks me to get admin permission (I´m the admin) and tells me to guard

it in Documents, where it doesn´t work. How can i grant this move?

EDIT: You mean save the INI. or the whole install?

Whole install, I installed mine to C:Wings over Europe. Vista does not like to let files in the Program Files folder be modified. Its a pain, but i think M$ did this to combat viruses.

Whole install, I installed mine to C:Wings over Europe. Vista does not like to let files in the Program Files folder be modified. Its a pain, but i think M$ did this to combat viruses.

Allright, i did it. But now when i hit the exe and say PLay Game, it just blacks out, and appears again on windows as i left it when clicked it. It was

doing the same before i fixed the engine, since i installed the patch at the clean install

Allright, i did it. But now when i hit the exe and say PLay Game, it just blacks out, and appears again on windows as i left it when clicked it. It was

doing the same before i fixed the engine, since i installed the patch at the clean install

Ok first, did it let you save the flightengine.ini file?

If that worked then right click on your desktop icon and click properties, then click the Advanced button and make sure you have a check mark in the Run As Administrator box, then click OK. Then click the Compatibilty tab in the properties window and make sure there is a check mark in the Run this program as an Administrator box, Click Apply and then click Ok.

If that does not fix it, i'm outta ideas but i am sure someone else will be able to help.

Thanks all, fellas. I´ll try later cause I´m being fired off PC now :tumbleweed: .