Sign in to follow this  

Hello All,

Could someone post the tailhook section of their data initial for the F-9F Panther. I can't catch a wire after many attempts and yes the hook is down.

Also have to say the F-111s recently released are impressive. Correct me if I'm wrong, but if you're sitting in the cockpit and look left, the aircraft lights on that side should be red? . . .and I can still deploy the speedbrake with weight on the wheels.

No, you're not wrong. Just realized myself. I'll fix it when I get around to it.

FC

It take a couple of years of hard training and even the even then every so often the "Pros from Dover" can't do it right. Remember you are flying an aicraft was basically an aircraft that was redesigned from a twin engine night fighter to a daylight jet fighter. Also remember that at there was no computer control system to help you land. Instead you had to depend on a landing signal officer who would show you a pair of batons like this.

Just pratice a lot and you should get better. Like I said even the Pros can't hack it and if you don't believe that just look at youtube for aircraft carrier bolters. That is even with the advance electronics in these aircraft. The only thing that doesn't bolter is the computer, however no one trusts the computer all the time.

The Panther was released so long ago it may not have a carrier-compatable tailhook. Check the Cougar--it may have the right tailhook data.

probably not the answer but do you have this line in the "mission data" section of the data ini :"CarrierBased=TRUE"

Craig

Thanks for the replies. I tried the carrierbased line and also added hook data from the A-4 with no success. Don't know if I would ever have found that update in the skins section wrench, but I'm gonna give it a try. I really think the panther is a well-done ac (maybe I just have a thing for the early jets) and I'm lookin forward to trying those skins (sad to see those decal errors in the update pic though, top of fuse and nose). I seem to lock-up my system on the single mission page every time I try to fly a CAS mission with WW2 weapons in updated WOV.

FC, when you revisit the lights on the 111's, I get a mixed loadout of MER racks sometimes (the white stock ones and your included green ones but this is probably a problem on my end due to my configuration).

Uh!! thanks for reminding me...I'll have to do a little update for the Panther's wing lights, now that we can get them to move when the wings fold...

(insert evil grin) :biggrin:

The decal bleed is ALL explained in the enclosed readme. It's a LOD problem, and not repairable without the MAX files

Wrench

kevin stein

It is a very noble airplane.

Look us in the Spanish forum were working in the F-9F Panther

Skin and INI Along with some adons in 3d. to convert to vercion argentina F-9F 2

Skin by TORNO

index.php?act=attach&type=post&id=16657

25.jpg

For anyone with carrier hook problems, I had a reversemodelorientation line in the tailhook section which I deleted and added the cougar's hook length and position settings and I can now trap, but I'm not sure what exactly fixed the problem.

Wrench, if you can (doubtful unless you have access to the model?), please fix the nosewheel steering too. You go in the right direction but the wheel doesn't.

Can't do anything about the nose gear 'issue', and/or the damn wing pylons not moving -- fiddled with that for an hour before saying "ppppffffhtttt"

But, here's a fix for the wing tip lights

REMEMBER -- THIS ONLY WORKS IN POST-PATCH SF/WOV/WOE/WOI!!!!

Add the following, respectively, to the right and left position lights statments in the ///Lights section:

MovingLight=TRUE

AttachedNodeName=RWingTipTank

MovingLight=TRUE

AttachedNodeName=LWingTipTank

and you get this: look closely at the tip tanks, you'll see the light have moved with them

Wrench

kevin stein