Sign in to follow this  
tc223

Prep Time! The Wait Is Almost Over For Me!

Ok so I'm a late bloomer! Actually I was counting on finding it locally over the weekend.. no such luck. :(

Software should be here tomorrow and the Saitek X45 rig should be here Wednesday. - I would have loved to have ordered the Cougar but need to start off a little more to budget. I figure the X45 has got to be better then my non-FF sidewinder.

Tonites project is running thru XP and getting rid of all the critters and hopefully avoiding trouble with the install. Anyone else have any tips to avoid pitfalls?

Specs:

Dell 4550 (I know I know.. but I bought it for $150 :)

P4 2.4ghz

1024MB @ 333Mhz

ATI Radeon 9700 Pro 128

XP Pro

(At idle: 811MB RAM available)

19" Samsung SyncMaster 955DF (weighs 450lbs)

My HOTAS

I've seen a post or two that they included a profile for the X45 on the Game CD, anybody know or should I start 'the hunt'.

The Manual

Already saw that the manual is .pdf which is irritating but thats a whole other argument. :)

Nic's Manual

Has anyone received Nic's manual and was wondering your impressions on spending the extra coin? It looks really cool. But is it helpful?

As always.. thanks for your input.

Edited by tc223

expecting the bound manual on monday :)

should b a gr8 read with the extra pages and the huge map u get of the area :D well worth the money tbh :)

expecting the bound manual on monday :)

should b a gr8 read with the extra pages and the huge map u get of the area :D well worth the money tbh :)

They've had to reprint a section & it will be delayed a few days.

PRecog,

Your the only reason I got to start flying within 3 hrs of the install! While I love the X45 so far.. I've learned a couple things.

1. Going HOTAS from a regular Joystick means taking every 'method' I used for flying and throwing it out the window.

2. The Program for setting up the X45 is an exercise in patience. Your profile avoided having to do alot of that which I'm grateful. But I'm still trying to figure out what I'm doing wrong getting some of the buttons to respond correctly.

Question for you though, Not a gripe but curious. Why is the rudder on the rotary switch rather then the "paddle" (lack of a better term) right under the throttle handle? Is that not usable?

About the only real problem I've had so far was with the split throttle in Lomac. I would set the throttles, then fly around and suddenly one engine throttle would drop off and I would have to move one of the sliders to get it back to match the other. The only CURE I found was to disable left/right throttles in the game options. I tried playing with the deadzones before I did that but could never find a sweet spot.

Can't wait till your flying with us!