Sign in to follow this  
SGCSG1

Eternal dilemma: CH VS. Saitek for HOTAS

Back in the day I was a CH guy and loved their stuff. I recently re-upped and went Saitek, X52 pro. I'm thinking of adding pedals and am wondering if I should return my Saitek and go CH again. On the negative side, the CH stuff is large and somewhat cumbersome and Requires 3 usb plugs.

The Saitek seems nice, but not as sturdy as the CH. I've not seen the Saitek pedals and have read lots of user-reviews that are less than complimentary. As I recall the CH software was really nice. I'm less than impressed with Saiteks profile-controller, but I guess it's ok.

Price is similar - $250 vs $300 (Amazon.com). One thing about CH is you buy their stuff and they'll take care of you forever. They really support their products and customers.

Has anyone here used both? I'd be very interested in any comments.

Has anyone here used both? I'd be very interested in any comments.

You seek YODA!!!!! I mean, Spectre.... :blink:

I've had two Saitek HOTAS and both have been very good. I bought my first one not long after SFP1 came out, and wore it out after about 5 years of solid use. I can't complain about that. Now I have an X52 that I also like. I have not owned any CH products so I can't compare, but they look very nice.

As I recall the CH software was really nice. I'm less than impressed with Saiteks profile-controller, but I guess it's ok.

Ever since I got my Saitek Stick I never did fiddle with the profile software. In-game config seems to do the job already.

I think profile software is for old games with no way of changing button config in-game like EECH.

I've had the Saitek X52 but had to change to CH as I did'nt get on with the twisting joystick and the software and support leaved a lot to be desired.I found CH on the other hand to be well built,accurate,easy to programme and the support given over at the CH Hangar just superb.I recently bought a pair of CH Pro pedals and have found them to be just perfect for me.I had owned a set of Saitek pedals but my personal set creaked every time I used them,the CH are silent.Spares are also readily available.............and I don't work for them,lol.

I sent back the Saitek. It was nice enough gear. But I really like the CH throttle. Four hats in very easy to use positions vs. one hat on the Saitek. The Ch gear is smoother and the quality of the switches is way, way better. I didn't want to spend another hundred on the Saitek pedals and then have $250 in that stuff. It's too much investment in a company that does not begin to offer the support and service that CH does.