Sign in to follow this  
malibu43

Request for a new (or resized) SUU65 model

Hey all you 3d modelers out there.

I have a simple (or at least I think it's simple) request for a slightly smaller SUU65 model. This is the model used by the CBU-87, CBU-89, etc... I'm thinking about 75% the size of the existing model (in bunyap's pack and the ODS mod) might be close...?

The current model results in loadouts that overlap, like this:

img00001-6.jpg

img00002-5.jpg

You can see the length and the diameter results in a little bit of overlap. According to the following website, you should be able to load 12 on the F-15E with no problem.

http://www.f-15estrikeeagle.com/weapons/lo.../ods/ods_07.htm

I was hoping that there's some way to take the exising model and just adjust the size by a certain percentage and that it would be easy for someone. If not, then it's not a big deal. It's a minor detail.

Thanks!

Edited by malibu43

Hey all you 3d modelers out there.

I have a simple (or at least I think it's simple) request for a slightly smaller SUU16 model. This is the model used by the CBU-87, CBU-89, etc... I'm thinking about 75% the size of the existing model (in bunyap's pack and the ODS mod) might be close...?

The current model results in loadouts that overlap, like this:

You can see the length and the diameter results in a little bit of overlap. According to the following website, you should be able to load 12 on the F-15E with no problem.

http://www.f-15estrikeeagle.com/weapons/lo.../ods/ods_07.htm

I was hoping that there's some way to take the exising model and just adjust the size by a certain percentage and that it would be easy for someone. If not, then it's not a big deal. It's a minor detail.

Thanks!

You would have to get a hold of the original model maker and ask him.

Edited by serverandenforcer

Which I believe would be Bunyap.

Alright, thanks. Seeing as how Bunyap is not around, I guess getting it resized isn't really an option. I just went in and used the SUU-30 model for the CBU-87 and CBU-89. Doesn't look perfect, but the weapons don't overlap and I think it looks better.

Is it the same story for re-skinning a weapon? I was thinking that the rockeye model would work as well, just needs the CBU-87 skin on it. Sorry if these questions are rediculous. I know nothing about the 3D modeling and skinning aspect of the series.

Thanks for the help!