Sign in to follow this  

buttom line guys.... f15 isnt fit to land on carrier deck but it can right?

though i dont think it will be used for it now that the army has hornets and other plains that can land on a deck (sorry for the errors im realy realy tierd)

Well then you must be suffering from sever sleep depravation then, because the Army does not have any Hornet's or any other type of fighter aircraft. The Army has a few observation and spotter aicraft types, but those are the only fixed wing aircraft operated by the US Army.

The Army primarily operates rotary wing aircraft, and the US Army is currently the largest operator of rotary wing aircraft types in the world.

The Soviet Union used to be number one, but ever since the break up of the old Soviet Union into the CIS, they have given up the #1 spot to the US Army.

-Skater

Quick Q.  Are the arresting wires just eye candy on the REAL boat, or can you actually snag them with the Navalized Planes?

It looks like a rubber band snapping. Not too bad.

I tried to take a snapshot of the CAG bird from VFA-136 that I invited to the boat.

I didn`t quite catch the moment of the hook engaging the wire, but you can see

the hook still pulled up. The wire is pre-tensioned already! (Efficiency!)

post-6-1070652149_thumb.jpg