Sign in to follow this  
Fubar512

SF2 Weapons Editor is out

FYI, there's also a new jammer type added. In addition to NOISE_JAMMER and DECEPTIVE_JAMMER, there's now a DUALMODE_JAMMER, as well (at least in the aircraftobject.dll).

DUALMODE, Cool. I assume like ALQ-99 Types......Different Bands...

I sould say, Noise and Deceptive in one....

Edited by 331Killerbee

DUALMODE, Cool. I assume like ALQ-99 Types......Different Bands...

I sould say, Noise and Deceptive in one....

That's correct. I'll post a frequency chart when I get a chance, so you'll have some idea as to what to set the values to.

Needless to say from here on in, weapons mods for titles based on the SF2 engine will be ridiculously easy to create and to install.

Very Cool Fubar, Looking foward to the Chart.......Might suggest making it a Post in the KB too....

RAFLightningF601.jpg

I now have a weapons folder! I've only got one weapon at the moment (Red Top - which allows me to utilise Russ' Lightning in SF2) but it's a start! Thanks for your help guys!

:clapping::clapping::clapping:

I don't know if it's been mentioned, But be sure that You have a WeaponsData.ini in that Weapons Folder......

Not to be confused with a .DAT File.......

For Example: AIM-9L_Data.ini in the AIM-9L Folder.

Edited by 331Killerbee

Guest pfunkmusik
I don't know if it's been mentioned, But be sure that You have a WeaponsData.ini in that Weapons Folder......

Not to be confused with a .DAT File.......

For Example: AIM-9L_Data.ini in the AIM-9L Folder.

OK, so we get the data from an existing weaponsdata.ini file, like the Community Weapons Pack. We copy the entry for say, the AA-6R into its very own data.ini, call it AA-6R_data.ini, right?

How should that information be saved, as ANSI, Unicode, what?

pfunk

OK, so we get the data from an existing weaponsdata.ini file, like the Community Weapons Pack. We copy the entry for say, the AA-6R into its very own data.ini, call it AA-6R_data.ini, right?

How should that information be saved, as ANSI, Unicode, what?

pfunk

ANSI is fine.

Guest pfunkmusik

Question: If multiple weapons use the exact same weapons folder, do they get a new folder or can we just keep listing them in the data.ini file (WeaponData001, 002, etc.)

pfunk

Guest pfunkmusik

I tried it. It didn't work. Each one needs its own folder.

Question: If multiple weapons use the exact same weapons folder, do they get a new folder or can we just keep listing them in the data.ini file (WeaponData001, 002, etc.)

pfunk

One folder per weapon, as the folder name and and the .ini name must match (for example, the AA-8B folder must contain an AA-8B.ini).

Guest pfunkmusik

God, TK. Come on with that Weps Editor because this is gonna kill me.

pfunk

Sweet, I'll have to grab it.

Update, DOH!!! Just realized you were saying Notepad IS the editor.... :lazy2:

and it works well

somewhat slow going, though

Added a few more weps and ground objects to SF2 for testing, and then flew a SEAD mission against an SA-10 battery, in an F-4 (yes, I equipped it with the appropriate ECM pod). Fired Shrikes at the Flaplid radar, but wound up taking it out with bombs during a low-level pass.

SEAD.JPG

Monty CZ's SA-10 battery, or rather, what's left of it :biggrin:

img00002.JPG

Get nailed by an SA-6 while I was egressing, though...

This makes the "Range" Terrain a must. As one does a Weapon, One can test it and tweak it to ones liking. This also elimiates Weapons that a User deams as Useless and only build his/hers Weapons Folder as one wants. It also allows one to tweak Weapons related Effects to a Users wants or needs also. But this doesen't mean that the production of Weapons should cease. On the contrary, It means more and more accurate Weapons, depending on ones needs or wants.

Also, the addition of Drop Tank Skins in the Aircrafts Skin Folders reduces the number of Entries somewhat, keeping from repeated Entries....

Edited by 331Killerbee

Now if We can only get TK to do the same with the Pilots Folder and giving them TextureSets that are controled by the Squadron.ini, We'd really be in it.......lol

Edited by 331Killerbee

OK, Weapons (External Stores) figured out. I wonder if "Guns" is handled the same way....... :umnik2:

Actually, I can't see guns ever being handled like that.

Guns have no LODs, textures, etc...all they have are effects.

FC

I must to adding a new weapon for G91R1 aircraft!!!

1) I put all the files of the G91R1 weapons folder, in "C:\Users\<username>\Saved Games\ThirdWire\StrikeFighters2\Objects\Weapons"

2) In the G91R1 weapons folder, I find "weapon_ini_line to add" ?? :blink:

3) I have already installed "Strike Fighters 2 Weapons Editor" !!

4)?? I do not know more to go ahead!! What I must make?? :dntknw:

Thanks in advance!!! :wink: