I would like for one of my aircraft to behave another way,

and i tried to change values at data.ini, but it flies the same way. Is there

a way to use an aircraft´s flight characteristics in another aircraft?

Yeah you can copy the values over you want - they have to go with the right variables though

unless you understand anything about FMs its going to be real trial and error im afraid - changing one value at a time then test etc etc

Thanks, m8. Yes, i tried. I put F-16 values for EF-2000 (wich seems not to maneuver well in my PC)

but it didn´t work. I think that engine must have some trouble understanding the aerodynamics of 4.5 gen fighters

or kind of.

Perhaps i should edit values for the control surfaces? How should i do it, then?

Edited by macelena

The engine understands aerodynamics just fine.

What it won't understand is fly by wire. You could put in the real values of the F-16 or Typhoon. But then you couldn't fly it (and the AI definitely couldn't) because computers fly the aircraft in real life because they are unstable.

So, we have to compensate in the TW engine by 'fudging' the values to make it flyable. But it also means you won't necessarily get the max performance of the aircraft that you would actually get in real life.

As far as what you're trying to do, I've mixed and matched parts before...but it's definitely trial and error (usually a lot of error) before I get something passable. Unless one of the FM masters pipes in here, expect a steep learning curve.

FC

The engine understands aerodynamics just fine.

What it won't understand is fly by wire. You could put in the real values of the F-16 or Typhoon. But then you couldn't fly it (and the AI definitely couldn't) because computers fly the aircraft in real life because they are unstable.

So, we have to compensate in the TW engine by 'fudging' the values to make it flyable. But it also means you won't necessarily get the max performance of the aircraft that you would actually get in real life.

As far as what you're trying to do, I've mixed and matched parts before...but it's definitely trial and error (usually a lot of error) before I get something passable. Unless one of the FM masters pipes in here, expect a steep learning curve.

FC

I´ll try, thanks, sir

You need to first obtain the following measurements. Wingspan, Wingtip Chord, Centerline Chord. Average leading edge wing sweep angle, and Wing Area. Plug these values into Kreelin's AeroConvert utility (available in our download secrtion), and you'll have a base line from which to start from, a Cla value.

AeroConvert will than will give you the CLa sum of the entire wing area, which must then be divided by the number of wing panels in the data.ini (2 or 4). In the case of a model with 4 panels (2 outer + 2 inner), I use a 60%-40% value distribution, with the inner panels getting the 60%.

The Xmac tables are calculated from the about 30% back from the leading edge, right where Ymac value starts (Ymac = Mean Area Chord in Y axis. "-" values equal left, plus values equal right). The Xmac "migrates" aft with Mach level, terminating at roughly 50-55 % of the MAC value back from the leading edge.

Hope this hasn't confused or discouraged you.

Hope this hasn't confused or discouraged you.

Erm, 50%.Easy to confuse, hard to discourage :biggrin: I´ll do it ASAP. Thanks a lot