Sign in to follow this  
Dave

40K Players

Need to get my 40k discussion on.

What army do you play and why?

Orks, Imperial Guard,Witch Hunters/Sisters of Battle,Deamon Hunters,Eldar,Tau and Space marines(Black Templars)

well I play Orks because they are like me,the IG I play because I like painting and modding tanks the rest I got from friends who left the game.

You see the new IG tanks? I am thnking aoubt getting one and modding for Dark Angels use.

Some of the new stuff is bad ass.I've been on a scratch building kick lately.Once things warm up a little bit more here I'm moving from my temp work area to the garage where I have everything set up

I just redid my 1700 point tourney list. I added 3 squads of DW as troop choices. So that's 15 Termies with a Land Raider hauling some. Some people think that's cheesey because they can't use their Termies as troop choices. So I got 3 tac squads all shooty plasma freaks and then I send in my DW termies do clean up in close combat. What is good about all that, is that I now have 6 scoring units on that table can take objectives. Alot of armies can't do that without sacrificing elites units.

see with the orcs and to a lesser extent I don't have to put so much thought into things it more like assemble a huge mob and hope for the best.when me and the gang get together there is usual 6-8 of us so we butt two 4x8 sheets of ply wood together put up some terrain and everyone sets up in an area and we bash the living hell out of each other until 10 minutes before the liquer store closes then we resume in the morning.some times we use objective or senarios but not too often since lots of my stuff is conversions and scratch in sanctioned tornements alot of it would be unusabe anyway.

I have an IG army that I played until about two years ago. Set out on the gaming table to intimidate an opponent were 3 Leman Russ, 9 Chimeras, 2 Griffins, 3 gun trucks that were fast attack and had the fire power of two heavy support squads. Add to that an infantry company of 100+ figures and you can see how nasty a game could be.

The platoon commanders were veterans of various Necromunda campaign gangs. I had about four gangs at one time and when it was time to make an IG Company they were all made veteran sgt. or higher.

I chose the IG because of the handicap they have, no special powers, no great armor saves and no high powered weapons. It takes tactical planning to win with the Guard and just fighting to a draw against Chaos or Orks or Bugs has it's own satisfaction. I have a new camera so I should be taking some shots of my army in a short while.

Well then you shoudl find the summary for the new IG codex. The hell guns are bad ass now.

What ever happened to the seperate thread that was gonna start about WH 40K. Played it the other night ( I get out and play it every 3-5 weeks the wife loves holding my hair after a night of WAR HAMMER 40 K) it always starts out good, but about 2-3 hours Derek's or Rick's wife show up W/"JELLO" shots and or San Gria, it goes down hill from there.

We can still do it if there is enough interest.

Space Marines - started with 'em over 10 years ago during the insane 2nd edition rules. They seemed like the best army for a beginner, but then I just took a liking to them and kept going. I haven't played in probably 4 years now, though.

I play the Dark Angels, with a heavy lean towards a Deathwing army. I got about 5000 pts total so far and need to add more of my Ravenwing. My final Deathwing count with be 31 termies with a Land Raider or 2.

Oh I saw this by the way

"That's it, I have had with it with this mutha f***en nids on this mutha f***en planet!"

I did a custom paint scheme myself; I'm not sure what the point values would be today, but at the time it was around 5k points. (Something like 1.5 Termie squads (15) plus a few Command characters in termie armor, 5 tacs, 1 dev, 1 assault, 1 scout, 2 dreadnoughts, 6 tanks varrying from the Rhino to the Land Raider, 4 skimmers and 2 bikes for support, plus or minus some squads that I just can't recall right now) Again, no idea how many points that'd be in the current edition.

EDIT: Well, I've done mods with modelling clay before, but THAT takes the cake!

Edited by Caesar

Does that motha fu__er have a fu__n afro cause that is one mean gangsta lookin M.F.

I need a couple more Rhinos and a Razorback. But that is some cash. Anyone got any they wish to part with?

Does that motha fu__er have a fu__n afro cause that is one mean gangsta lookin M.F.

Dawg that be a fro straight from da 70's....and I aint got no reason to lie to yah.

Warriors come out and playay!.

Dave, I might be willing to part with my rhino, but I'm at school for the moment and don't have an immediate means to get it to you. It's an old model, at least by a decade, and it's painted kind of...well...craptastic; a reflection of my skills at the time, but I'm sure you could either strip the old scheme or paint over it.

Now I'm curious: Anyone else here play back in the 2nd edition? Back when you could kill 10 people (1D6+3Sustained Fire dice=up to 10 hits) in a single turn with one assault cannon armed terminator alone/missiles fired 72"/plasma guns created blast markers/there were over 10 types of grenade?

Paint it flat black. Flat black looks good on anything. Put flat black on a HOT ROD looks cool. Put a skinny chick in a flat black dress "HOT" put a fat chick in a flat black dress "WELL" take 1 for the team.

I need a couple more Rhinos and a Razorback. But that is some cash. Anyone got any they wish to part with?

I have templates to make them from sheet styrene or cardstock

I have templates to make them from sheet styrene or cardstock

I am not sure if I can use those in tournament play. Also I am not that talented. They aren't that expensive so I will pick one up every other payday or so.

I am not sure if I can use those in tournament play. Also I am not that talented. They are that expensive so I will pick one up every other payday or so.

Yeah games workshop are nazis when it comes to models basicaly it there stuff or nothing in sanctioned tornements.thats why I don't do them to many "clone" armies it gets boring seeing like 5 black templar armies fighting the same old nids and eldar.

How to Know if You've Taken 40K Too Far.........

When you use refer to the film "Alien" simply as "Xenos."

You refer to an enema as "Cleanse and Purify".

You sit in the living room watching the news with your family and gnarl something like "purge the unclean" to a corrupt politician.

When you start calling people you don't like 'Heretics'

When you're playing basketball with a warhammer40K friend, you make jokes about each other's BS, because you miss constantly

How to Know if You've Taken 40K Too Far.........

When you use refer to the film "Alien" simply as "Xenos."

You refer to an enema as "Cleanse and Purify".

You sit in the living room watching the news with your family and gnarl something like "purge the unclean" to a corrupt politician.

When you start calling people you don't like 'Heretics'

When you're playing basketball with a warhammer40K friend, you make jokes about each other's BS, because you miss constantly

I do all of the above I didn't realize it until you posted this.Well I detest basketball but when misses happen elsewere the BS BS starts.I need to go put up some sheetrock or shoot something to purge my inner geekness.