Sign in to follow this  
Church

Just purchased OFF

I have so been waiting for another good ww1 sim to come out. :biggrin: I am an old RB3D player from way back played it tirelessly for hours. I flew by the name CHURCH I was XO of the US94th. Anyway I just purchased OFF and was wondering how my system would run it? Maybe i need to start looking for some upgrades..

AMD4000

2GIG Kingston ram

500g hdd

7900gtx video

onboard sound

S!

Welcome Church

You will likely need to start with terrain and scenery on very low (say 1 or 2) - I'll leave guys with similar systems to tell you exactly, but to get the best out of OFF some good hardware will repay you with a lot more enjoyment for sure.

Welcome here, Church

When you are an "old" RB3D simmer, you will find many friends here, as many others were, too.

And some of the dev team had also worked on RB3D, as far as I know.

I am just upgrading my rig, because I am SO HAPPY with "Over Flanders Fields", that I know, I'll

play it for years.

As long as you can't upgrade, don't hesitate to write a thread, asking for peoples help, who have

a similar setup as you. You'll find them all very nice, helping hands and brains round here.

Have fun!

Olham

Church,

As a frame of reference, I started playing BHaH several months ago on my 3-year old Socket 939 machine, and I was so impressed by what the BHaH developers accomplished that I added an ATI 4870 and Track IR4 ($350+ investment). I'm running at 3.0MHz with DDR550 memory, and it just meets the system requirements for an immersive, stutter-free experience. I'm running game sliders at 354342 with 4X AA and 8X AF (through Catalyst) at 1600X1024 and avg 32 FPS in 10 plane furrballs. You could always turn off AA, AF, and lower your slider settings, and still be miles beyond what you would see an experience with RB3D.

Like many other forum users, I've been building PCs for many years. Let me know if you have any questions with your setup.

Cheers