Sign in to follow this  
UK_Widowmaker

I am starting to like the Spad

Yes, it's growing on me. (never really flew it in P1 or P2)

It's fast, and packs a punch...I was all over a flight of three Alb's and took them all out!... So, I might try a campaign

Yes, Widow, definitely a great warplane; both versions!

I had a go with her in Phase2. The advantages are the power/speed, that also makes

her easy looping; and, if nothing else helps, her fast, stabile dive performance.

A butcher's plane, if you can withstand turning.

Also can she take quite some hits - maybe more rugged than my Albatros.

Have fun with her, and reports, please! (New skin even?)

Yes, I may try skinning one.

(The Allied planes are far less interesting to skin than the German ones though)

Yes, I may try skinning one.

(The Allied planes are far less interesting to skin than the German ones though)

That's rather to do with allied HQ not liking their kites being turned into tarts' handbags. :biggrin:

I like the Spad too! So far it's the only plane that's kept me alive. I've been flying in campaign and I've got one kill! And I've riddled a lot more Huns full of holes.

I take a pass at the Hun -- guns blazing -- and run like hell -- works for me!!!

I love the speed of this crate!

Crockett12

Well, the SPADs skin designs could be made of an interesting looking camouflage sheme,

plus a good personal insignia, plus a great looking cowling colour or design.

More wasn't allowed, I think, but it could still look great.

I encountered SPADs with a red cowling, and camouflage in "dark coffee" and "milk coffee".

Looked smashing to me! It mustn't always be an overall crazy art design - I like the "beauty of a warbird",

too, when it looks like the SPAD XIII from Smithsonian (colour pic).

PS/edit: the below SPAD was a trainer plane - don't believe, they would have allowed such a design for combat.

But for the nose section alone? Why not?

Edited by Olham

I take it back!...they're cooooool

wow!..... I am gonna have a try at one of those!

(see you all in 6 months!)

Wow - that's great stuff, indeed! (But you read: they were all after war time, 1919)

RICKITY, when you need skinning advice: look into the skinning section of the board,

or Gous' tutorial, and ask Widowmaker or me.

I will definitely make me an own SPAD and fly it as Capitaine Damien St.Malo (i like to use variations of my family name).

And I'll present it here then.

But it may take a while. BHaH can really keep you occupied a whole day!

First, with a pot of coffee or tea, I check and write in the forum.

Then it's time for a morning flight.

Then, I do some skinning.

After that, eat a little, and come back for a second flight.

Then, I care for the map project, I do with DEJ.

After that, a third flight.

Suddenly the phone rings: were are the print layouts you promised me? I expected them for lunch?

And I must bite my tongue, not to say: "That would be rather bad for your digestion, mate!

You are disturbing me in nothing less than trying to win the Kaiser's war in my Albatros, single handed!

I'll call you back, when I've landed!"

Edited by Olham

But, I thought OFF was your job. The birds may be from 1919 but they are historical and I love them for that reason too. They were designed by war pilots and flown in Germany. Good enough for me. And yes I will be bothering you when I try my hand ar skinning, haha.

Most of my Skins only fought in the annals of my warped and twisted imagination!...So I am buggered if one year late is gonna stop me!

hahahaha