Sign in to follow this  
Rampstrike

Edit to reduce number of SAMs in WOV?...

Not trying to make it easier on myself, just trying to stop combat over North Vietnam from turning into a single-digit framerate slideshow on my system. I seem to recall there being an .ini edit that reduced the number of SAMs firing to help this, but darned if I can remember what it was or where to find it. And yes, I used the search function and the KB but nothing came up. Any help is appreciated!

Cheers,

Ramp

Have you tried adjusting the EnemyAirDefense level on the menu screens? You should be able to select LIGHT, NORMAL or HEAVY.

to do anything else, requires editing the terrain's targets ini.

wrench

kevin stein

Have you tried adjusting the EnemyAirDefense level on the menu screens? You should be able to select LIGHT, NORMAL or HEAVY.

to do anything else, requires editing the terrain's targets ini.

wrench

kevin stein

Hmm... sounds like an option for single missions, but I mainly fly campaigns and I don't see an option for that save for "Campaign Difficulty" which is set to Easy already. I'm assuming it's in the Campaign_Data.ini, but I don't know where.

Ramp

I used the weapon editor to lower all the SAM's launch probility and their base availibility. The result was not as many SAM's fired and not as many SAM sites on the map to lower FPS. Then I got a better system :biggrin:

(While it might not be the right thing to in the know it all eyes, it worked for me)

Edited by Viper6

Hell, even on my monster XPS, 80 gazallion SAMs brings me to single digits! Whatever works, man!!

if you really want to get into the editing the targets ini, extract it from the vietnamsea.cat, and search for SAMLauncher. You can reduce their numbers by changing every other one into another object == I'd suggest 'oildrum9' , or maybe a parked truck --SovietTruck is the TargetType= name, or something innocius (sp?) You may, however, get tasked to strike missions against the truck :wink:

wrench

kevin stein

What i find strange is that multiple SAM launches have had zero effect on FPS in either of the two comps i've used.

CBUs or lots of bombs strikes will slow me down to a crawl though.