Sign in to follow this  
PG_Raptor

Just Wondering...

Who all is developing the game (that is on this forum)? What are your individual duties, and what past programming experiences do you have?

I work already in the game industry, in a local company here called Hoplon. They're developing a sci-fi game, I'm only there as employee and to do what they ask. :) But it's nice because this way you're able to see how things are organized in the game dev industry, from an insider's perspective. Then, they pay well, so I can have something left at the end of the month to invest on Thunderworks.

I also own a small software company, we create local infochannels. Nothing to do with games, but software development, and games are software, so... ;)

everything so far has been programmed by me. Originally i saw myself as a physics programmer, but ended up doing the graphics too. I have no commercial experience in programming, games or otherwise - this is my first game.

did my MSc in computing, the project I did was a network racing game - were the cars were tetrahedrons. I wanted to work on computer games, so went to several interviews, didnt get the job, in the mean time i was trying to write game demos hoping that this would impress employers in the industry. but as the demos became more advanced - I ended up chatting to dante over ICQ - and the demo started to become a real project.

Right now, I work part time at ASDA-Walmart as a till boy, and in the other part of my time, work on this game.

I have stopped looking for serious jobs to devote all possible effort to this project. I just hope people enjoy it.

Hey, thanks for the quick responses. I found the "staff" page just before I came back here, lol. Sounds like you guys are pretty dedicated to this. I really hope it works out great for you guys! can't wait to get it!

Sounds like, if you're devoting as much time as you say to the sim, and you have that much dedication to games, it'll be a success. Just look at all the FPS's out there. The most popular were those developed by people who love games. Besides, those of us in the community will be able to tell the amount of effort involved, and will appreciate it all the more.