Sign in to follow this  
wsmwsm

Just ordered BHAH and need help

Just ordered BHAH and am awaiting disc. I have Vista. I have previously installed OFF Phase 2, which was difficult, but once installed it runs remarkably well. Only "add-ons" to Phase 2 are Bristol Fighter (from CFS3 downloads); zeppelin (from the Great London Zep Raid) and Gotha (from Reg's Hanger).

Before I stumble, are there any particular concerns in installing BHAH? Should I remove Phase 2? (I prefer not).

Any help would be great.

No problems; works fine!

It only picks itself some data off the CFS3 DVD (so CFS3 must not be installed anymore),

and then installs orderly in one neat "Over Flanders Fields" folder.

Edited by Olham

I've only had to install BH&H once and I installed right over Phase 2. It's a seamless transition with no glitches or other files required (with the exception of the latest update available at www.overflandersfields.com) so you should have no problems at all. If you do, you know where to come!

CJ

Well, I'm a bit confused now. On the one hand, it seems that BHAH can be installed right over Phase 2. On the other, the FAQ seems to suggest this acceptable but is not a good method.

Is there an answer?

Yes as per the FAQ,

" Upgrading from Phase 2 :

When upgrading Phase 2, BH&H may cause a problem with being unable to choose a different drive/location to install to. So currently if you wish to upgrade from Phase 2 AND change the location for OFF then you need to totally clear Phase 2, and Over Flanders Fields registry entries for Phase 2 before installing BH&H. Also if you do not have enough drive space for BH&H (15GB) in the old P2 space, then this also applies.

"

We try our best, but can't cover everyone's install situation. So feel free to try the upgrade. If you have issues, nuke it, start fresh.