what about active radars? does they exist in the game or it doesnt support them? if yes how can i use them?

I havent seen any radar like this and i want to know why :dntknw:

what about active radars? does they exist in the game or it doesnt support them? if yes how can i use them?

What do you mean by "active radars"? On aircraft or ground objects? Since the developer strives for realism, aircraft and ground objects that are radar equipeed in RL, have radar capabilities in-game.

As opposed to passive radars? Technically all radars are active.

the ones that oposed to pasive radars in aircraft

the ones that can track multyple targets and scan the air at the same time

like he one on the Raptor

"the ones that oposed to pasive radars in aircraft" As Zmatt stated, there is no such thing as passive radar. If a unit emits energy, (whether it's sonar, radar, or lidar) it's considered active.

TWS (Track While Scan) is modeled in aircraft that come equipped with that feature, but only one target at a time can be acquired & tracked...and that's a limitation of the series. The series was originally intended to model aircraft from the 1950s through the early 70s, TWS was added when TW introduced the F-15A in WoE.

That being said, AHMs (Active Homing Missiles) like the AIM-54, AIM-120, or R-77, only require manual target acquistion until just after launch, and then you can select additional targets for your remaining AHMs.

I think t-50 talk about AESA radars...(?) but in my knowledge the game don't have this option...

For example MiG-31 has something like this (but it is not active scanning (AESA) -is it pasive...PESA? :haha: ) So it can attack four targets with his R-33 missiles. R-33 is SAHM !! But in our game R-33 must be AHM.

Edited by CIACHO

AESA can be simulted quite easily, by changing the radar's operating band, and the unit's scan limits. What he asked for is true TWS capability. Whether or not that's what he intended to ask, is anyone's guess :dntknw:

I thought AESA radars were X-Band, just like Pulse-Doppler ones?

I thought AESA radars were X-Band, just like Pulse-Doppler ones?

Well, I'm pretty certain no one's going to jump out and verify this but the F-22 and Superbug's AESA system reportedly uses a highly efficiant array, frequency hopping, and pulse compression. And BTW, it's supposedly not pulse-Doppler. but a frequency-modulated continuous-wave system. But, who knows for sure? :dntknw: